Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV - 1.10 BETA Release (PS5 & XSX)

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:31 pm

Mr.Brown wrote:Looks like DualSense support was added for Windows. It means that the functions of DualSense as such arent hard to figure out, all you guys need to do now is to "crack" the input protocol on PS5.

The DualSense controller is already fully supported by the Titan Two. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Chase1015 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Any news on Dualsense for T1?
Chase1015
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby chorl » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Mr.Brown wrote:Looks like DualSense support was added for Windows: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steam ... 8167580236

It means that the functions of DualSense as such arent hard to figure out, all you guys need to do now is to "crack" the input protocol on PS5.

Yeah, that's my main concern, I want to use my Xbox Elite for playing PS5 games (in PS5 mode).

I've found very little info aboyt this ciphered input protocol, in any forum. I hope it would be done as in PS4.
chorl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby samucagameshits » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:41 pm

I also want to know this
samucagameshits
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby DaConsoleKid » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:56 pm

I was reading through this forum and am I reading that the 1.10 BETA can authenticate a PS5 control to work on the PS5 and work with scripts?
DaConsoleKid
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:39 pm

My PS5 finally got delivered this morning and I had the chance to check the new PS5 controller authentication scheme.

Sony implemented a message authentication code (HMCA hash or something similar) to the main HID input report (the one that carries the controller button presses, thumbstick position, touchpad events, motion sensor values, etc). Any attempt to change one or more values from this HID report will cause hash mismatch and, consequently, the HID report to be dropped/ignored by the PS5 system.

At the moment we are working to have a better understanding of this message authentication code, but I can already tell we are in face of a strong cryptographic algorithm and -most likely- not susceptible to bruteforce.

I will keep you guys updated on any news related to this.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby gaminglad » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:53 pm

J2Kbr wrote:My PS5 finally got delivered this morning and I had the chance to check the new PS5 controller authentication scheme.

Sony implemented a message authentication code (HMCA hash or something similar) to the main HID input report (the one that carries the controller button presses, thumbstick position, touchpad events, motion sensor values, etc). Any attempt to change one or more values from this HID report will cause hash mismatch and, consequently, the HID report to be dropped/ignored by the PS5 system.

At the moment we are working to have a better understanding of this message authentication code, but I can already tell we are in face of a strong cryptographic algorithm and -most likely- not susceptible to bruteforce.

I will keep you guys updated on any news related to this.

Thank you for the update. I suppose that confirms our worst fears. I noticed that Sony is adding support for some PS4 wheels from Logitech for ps5, are these not recognised as controllers by the console? It will be interesting to see how 3rd party controllers such as scuff support the system.

I also found the below while searching for ds5 info although I suspect none of it maybe new info. Thanks for the updates.
https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/issues/672
gaminglad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby DaConsoleKid » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Thank you for the update 32Kbr.
DaConsoleKid
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Mr.Brown » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:23 pm

Thanks for the update J2. Now my theory is that Sony doesnt want anyone to mess with their own first party devices and reverse engineer their patented tech (DualSense tech, haptic feedback etc.) and sell unathorized peripherals that work with the console.

Im pretty sure that down the road, Sony will license some 3rd party controllers like Scuf, in particular for competitive gamers etc. that will not have resistant shoulder buttons etc. and those will most likely not use the sony HMCA.

LAst gen it also took some licensed 3rd party controllers to come out in order to "understand" how the authorizing was working, after that, it could be implemented with the original ps4 controller.
Mr.Brown
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby alencroat » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:03 am

hmm the share button is not working for me on beta, and I selected the output to xbox series s/x.
alencroat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials and FAQs