360 MK tournament stick on XB1 - how to guide

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

360 MK tournament stick on XB1 - how to guide

Postby divido_umbra » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Hey all, as the subject says, I have an MK9 tournament stick from the 360 (connects via mini USB) that I'd like to use on MKX on the XB1.

I've updated the firmware on the titan, it had a write error the first time, but did a recovery & regular write after that.

I have the AU when the titan is plugged in alone. When I plug in the stick, AU flashes fast, and the green xbox button on the stick flashes fast in time with the AU.

After trying that, I tried a standard wired 360 controller and wireless 360 controller, both of which did the same fast flash AU thing. I tried a PS3 racing controller (the red HKS controller) and it got an E, and I tried the wireless XB1 controller via USB, which does show the 0. That's great, but I don't need the titan to use my XB1 controller on the XB1 haha.

I also have a G25 wheel I intend to use on the XB1 for Forza, etc. It's the G25 and MK stick that I bought the titan for, so I really hope we can get those working.

Any ideas on getting the stick going?
Last edited by divido_umbra on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
divido_umbra
Corporal
Corporal

Re: 360 MK tournament stick on XB1

Postby divido_umbra » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 am

is it one of those things where I need to have the xb1 controller plugged into the titan, the titan plugged into a laptop, and the joystick plugged into the laptop?
divido_umbra
Corporal
Corporal

Re: 360 MK tournament stick on XB1

Postby divido_umbra » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:33 pm

I'm not sure why I didn't get any assistance here, but I'll post for future noobs running into the same problems I did.

I got it working after a deep dive in the help files. I'd think this info would be the #1 quick start info for XB1, probably something worth updating in the files.

After updating firmware on the Titan One, here are the steps to hook up most any controller to the XB1:

1. Turn on XB1 using the button on the console.

2. Plug Titan One directly into USB port of XB1 - (do not use a USB extension cable, as it will interfere with authentication comms in the next step! This was my problem.) - Titan will slow flash AU, waiting for controller authentication.

3. Plug XB1 controller into Titan One input using micro USB cable. XB1 will take a moment to authenticate the controller. Once that's done, Titan will read 0, meaning no memory file / game pack is selected (but the device will be fully usable).

4. Unplug XB1 controller from Titan One. Set aside, you cannot use it as a second player controller.

5. Plug USB cable from fight stick or other controller into the Titan One input. Titan will animate for a moment, to recognize the new controller, and then show 0 again. When you see the 0, your controller is ready to use.

NOTE: if you get a fast flashing AU, and fast flashing xbox button on your non XB1 controller, it means there is a problem with the authentication from the console. You probably have a bad USB cable, try another one. Just to repeat, a USB extension cable will interfere with the authentication, so do not use it. That said, my MK9 tournament stick came with a rather long mini USB -> USB cable, which works just fine to connect from the stick to the Titan.

Hope this helps some noobs. Now back to MKX the way it should be played!
divido_umbra
Corporal
Corporal

Re: 360 MK tournament stick on XB1 - how to guide

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Thank you very much for this guide!! Can I make a link to it in our tutorial section? :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: 360 MK tournament stick on XB1 - how to guide

Postby divido_umbra » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:37 pm

please do!
divido_umbra
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Tutorials and FAQs