Polling rate question

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Polling rate question

Postby ManLikeD » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:31 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for your great support.

Up until now, I have been playing with 1000hz response rate on XIM, and 1000hz output and 1000hz input polling rate on Gtuner.

I have now switched my xim response rate to 125hz (my mouse is kept at 1000hz), I was wondering - what is the best output and input polling rate to set in Gtuner now?

Best regards
ManLikeD
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Polling rate question

Postby Mad » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:30 am

Output 1000hz
Input protocol default. (or leave it as is) not affected unless mouse is directly plugged into the T2.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby ManLikeD » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:01 pm

Hey @Mad . thanks for your reply.

The problem is, i have read some contradicting information. For example you said that input polling rate is not affected unless a mouse is directly plugged in - however J2Kbr has previously said that input polling rate left at "Protocol's default" will automatically match the response rate of the xim, and I have previously also seen J2Kbr say that the output polling rate should match xim response rate for best performance, as well as saying output polling rate should be at 1000hz (regardless of xim response rate) so I'm just a little confused.

Ultimately, I am trying my best to avoid any subtle performance issues/negative effects by getting the input/output polling rates wrong.

Since I have my response rate on xim set to 125hz, I am thinking about putting the Output polling rate and Input polling rate to 125hz to both on gtuner - would there be any drawbacks to this? Or would I be gaining anything by putting output polling rate at 1000hz and input polling rate at 125hz without negatively impacting the xim's response rate.

(I really like the idea of having both devices polling at the same rate for best overall performance)

Maybe J2Kbr can clarify this?
ManLikeD
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby BlessUp » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:49 am

This is anecdotal experience from me, but I have personal found that it feels best setting Titan input and ouput to whatever xim is. I have eneded up keeping both at 500 feels the best for my setup with logitech g502 lightspeed dpi 25600 Thor soft pad. I always leave mouse at 1000 polling no matter what I set xim or Titan to. I have ran into various different issues when running titan at 1000hz output like sound glitches or what literaly feels like game performance either not in sync or bogging. With 1000hz on xim I have felt chopiness in mouse movement where moothing can help it but 500 overall seems to feel best to me for inputant consistance and response as well as not effecting anything in various games themself.

This was my experiene on xbox one x and now on xbox series x
BlessUp
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby ManLikeD » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:17 pm

I have similar experiences when previously running both xim on 1000 (weird mouse movements) and titan on 1000 (audio issues)

On the ps4, I currently am using 250hz on xim (to match the default polling rate of ps4 controller), output on titan set at 250hz to match the default polling of ps4 console, and input set at 250hz on titan to match the xim/ps4 controller.

I keep my mouse at 500hz just because when testing it was not perfect at maintaining 1000hz

With setting up it like this it feels great and I hope at least I have everything in perfect sync with my console and controller instead of eg. Running 1000hz on xim/titan even though my periphals poll naturally lower and perhaps the overhead would be giving me issues
ManLikeD
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:23 am

250Hz is the native polling rate of PS4, XB1, PS5 and XSX. I've advocated for 250Hz for a long time because it syncs XIM or Titan Two with the expected wired controller input rate.

As for XIM > T2 polling - I've always left the mouse at 1000Hz and set the T2 Input & Output rates to match the XIM's Response Rate.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sorothos » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:48 am

antithesis wrote:250Hz is the native polling rate of PS4, XB1, PS5 and XSX. I've advocated for 250Hz for a long time because it syncs XIM or Titan Two with the expected wired controller input rate.

Why don't you advocate 250 Hz anymore then? What would you advocate at the moment?
Sorothos
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:17 am

I still do. 250Hz is smoother and more responsive than 125Hz, without the jitter and AA loss of 500 or 1000Hz.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Sorothos » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:16 am

Yes, thx, I switched Input/Output @T2 to 250 Hz and @XIM to 250 Hz and it's incredible smooth. Feels much better with AA. I think I will stay with this.

(before I had 1000 Hz @all)
Sorothos
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices