[R6] Help with script, is it possible to do that?

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

[R6] Help with script, is it possible to do that?

Postby Nagato » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:52 am

Hi everyone.

I want to know if it's possible for R6S to have a script that allows:

-In stand position, when firing auto crouch (like in Universal Gamepack).

BUT

-When in crouch/prone position, when firing not auto crouch. Stay in crouch or prone position like normal aspect.

The issue with the current Gamepack is if i'm in prone position when i'm firing i'll be automatically go back to stand position, it's very annoying.

Quick question, it's better to use the anti recoil through Gamepack or through script? What do you think about that.

Thanks a lot guyz!
Nagato
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: [R6] Help with script, is it possible to do that?

Postby Coilover » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:37 pm

It's fairly easy to do on PC but on console it is tricky because on R6 Siege, the stand, prone and crouch are all on the same button which means that you have to sense the time a button is pressed and set variables in the script accordingly.

On Xbox the Stance button is 'B'. It is easy to trap that and work out the timings etc. The problems start when you are in the main menu and using 'B' for other things like backing out of a menu or switching between drone and first person view. The game 'knows' where you are, the script just see's button clicks without context.

I have written something similar that applies different settings to primary and secondary weapons using the 'Y' button as a toggle BUT, if I use the 'Y' button for anything else in the game (or in Xbox menus etc) it gets 'confused'. I have coded a RESET into my script that I can hit at the start of the round to ensure that my script is set to Primary rather than Secondary.

With a crouch script as you describe you could end up in a bit of a mess with the script being out of step with the game.
It's not impossible and TBH I haven't gone too deeply into it but those are my thoughts.

What platform are you running on PC or Console?
Coilover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nagato » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:30 am

I see... Thanks a lot for your detailed answer! I'm on PS4, so it seems difficult to have this kind of script if i'm understand well.
Nagato
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Coilover » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:19 pm

Ah, OK, PS Console...

So it is easy to do, however I would recommend that if you have Xim plugged into the left side of your Titan that you put a keyboard into the right side and use that keyboard for controlling the scripts, that way you can make all sorts of user friendly reset buttons and toggle buttons without complicated scripts that rely on you holding down multiple controller buttons and remember lots of horrible combinations.

:smile0517:
Coilover
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Nagato » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:20 am

Again thanks a lot for your detailed answer.

Is it better to plug the keyboard into the Titan Two ? It's true that right now I can't switch between profiles, I tried differents keys to switch between profiles but it's not working...
Nagato
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Nagato » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:31 pm

I have another request that maybe solves, at some extent, my initial script's request.

Is it possible to automatically crouch when firing (like in Gamepack) and when stop firing automatically go to initial position (stand for eg)?
Nagato
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Nagato » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:01 pm

Anybody?
Nagato
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to GPC2 Script Programming