Playstation 5: Remote Play & Other info.

Official news and announcements from the ConsoleTuner team.

Re: Playstation 5: Remote Play & Other info.

Postby Mad » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:22 am

I'm giving you an option. PS4 or remote play. If you want to play next-gen without a remote play solution get a Series X instead. Nothing any device creators can do to solve that for you it's the limitations set by Sony.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby DOA777 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:42 pm

Mad wrote:I'm giving you an option. PS4 or remote play. If you want to play next-gen without a remote play solution get a Series X instead. Nothing any device creators can do to solve that for you it's the limitations set by Sony.

for literally years youve been telling the community that 'a fix is possible' and 'we have an idea for a workaround, but it takes time' i find it amusing that you get tetchy, when you have to admit that for years youve been misleading the playstation community!
DOA777
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:05 pm

Mate I relayed some information from J2K, I don't have a Playstation yet I kept following up with him asking for you guys and he had a working prototype, nothing ever came of it for whatever reason. Maybe the personal matters he's had to attend to or for legal reasons.

I stopped asking about it, people would send me some real nasty hate messages blaming me for no official PS5 support it became such a regular thing I stopped posting support on the forums for anything.

I don't work for ConsoleTuner. I'm a customer the same as you all.

I spend my free time trying to help you guys but it all seems worthless. Then the "there's no support no one helps"

I wonder why.. :whistling:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:07 pm

Mad wrote:Mate I relayed some information from J2K, I don't have a Playstation yet I kept following up with him asking for you guys and he had a working prototype, nothing ever came of it for whatever reason. Maybe the personal matters he's had to attend to or for legal reasons.

I stopped asking about it, people would send me some real nasty hate messages blaming me for no official PS5 support it became such a regular thing I stopped posting support on the forums for anything.

I spend my free time trying to help you guys but it all seems worthless. Then the "there's no support no one helps"

To add some more information to this. Sony has patented encryption for the DualSense controller. This is causing problems for anybody wanting to emulate the DualSense controller. This is not a Titan issue. This affects many non-Sony authorized (aka 3rd party) companies and products.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby alanmcgregor » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:47 am

Mad wrote:Mate I relayed some information from J2K, I don't have a Playstation yet I kept following up with him asking for you guys and he had a working prototype, nothing ever came of it for whatever reason. Maybe the personal matters he's had to attend to or for legal reasons.

I feel you Mad, do you remember the time you reach me, 3 years ago, when I step away from supporting... that negativity and bad gratitude from some people is demotivating, but I was dealing with very difficult situation, taking care a very close relative, my attention and time was needed some where else. However,I appreciated the time you support the forum helping other users and your time on it.

Guys you have to understand... is its livelihood, they did whatever was possible to bring support to PS5, and I trust J2Kbr found a solution but... now it maybe no suitable due legal constrains. XIM team are in the same bad spot. Yes they are releasing a new device with RP support as a workaround.

The actual risk with rely on Remote Play, is if at some point Playstation updates the PS remote to be also encrypted then that's it! game over.

The one to blame is Sony for this not friendly policies for the consumer, lots of peripherals licensed for Sony are now useless, like expensive driving wheels, fighting sticks and speciality controllers, not only T2 is affected.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby NeoTechni » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:57 pm

Then he should tell us there's nothing he can do about it instead of stringing us along. RP is not a viable alternative.

There was a guy here claiming he had an alternative, he should prove it.
NeoTechni
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Glooper » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:37 am

Mad wrote:Mate I relayed some information from J2K, I don't have a Playstation yet I kept following up with him asking for you guys and he had a working prototype, nothing ever came of it for whatever reason.

Mad, if you're still in touch with Jefferson, could you relay a request for updated G29 emulation on PS5? I find the DualSense steering in Gran Turismo 7 really slow, so I use a script that translates 432° of G29 steering to leftstick:

Code: Select all
#define LS   STICK_2_X

if(get_val(LS) > -4.0 && get_val(LS) < 4.0) set_val(STICK_1_X, 0);
    else if(get_val(LS) <= -4.0) set_val(STICK_1_X, get_val(LS) * 0.50 + 2.0);
        else if(get_val(LS) >= 4.0) set_val(STICK_1_X, get_val(LS) * 0.50 - 2.0);

The full 900° is too twitchy for a stick, and I find 400+ enough for hairpins in most cars. Deadzone will obviously vary between DualSenses.

I've no idea if the T2 hardware can do what the Drive Hub can (also authenticates with Hori Mini), but for now I manually resync with:

if(event_active(BUTTON_2)) {
        set_val(BUTTON_2, 0);
        port_disconnect();
        port_connect(PORT_USB_C, PROTOCOL_WHEEL);
    }

And I've never been able to get rumble to work to warn me when I'm 30 seconds away from a timeout. I'd love it if this could be updated at some point.

[edit]

Should anyone want to use my code with rightstick for accelerate/brake:

#define RS   STICK_1_Y
#define L2   BUTTON_8
#define R2   BUTTON_5

if(get_val(RS) > -4.0 && get_val(RS) < 4.0) {
     set_val(L2, 0);
     set_val(R2, 0);
}
    else if(get_val(RS) <= -4.0 && get_val(RS) > -99.0) set_val(R2, (inv(get_val(RS)) - 4.0));
        else if(get_val(RS) <= -99.0) set_val(R2, inv(get_val(RS)));
            else if(get_val(RS) >= 4.0 && get_val(RS) < 99.0) set_val(L2, (clamp(get_val(RS), 0.0, 100.0) - 4.0));
                else if(get_val(RS) >= 99.0) set_val(L2, clamp(get_val(RS), 0.0, 100.0));

I'm not the best coder, but that works. When accelerate/brake hits 95% it suddenly jumps to 100, dropping the deadzone correction that assigns 0% to +/- 4.0 on the stick, but GT7 isn't granular enough to notice it. You can also still use L2/R2 with:

if(get_val(L2) > 0.0) {
        set_val(BUTTON_8, 0);
        set_val(BUTTON_11, 100);
    }
    if(get_val(R2) > 0.0) {
        set_val(BUTTON_5, 0);
        set_val(BUTTON_15, 100);
    }

L2 for d-pad down and R2 for handbrake, in this case.
Glooper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby kelli 1970 » Sat May 06, 2023 8:07 pm

is titan two finished? will it ever work for ps5?
kelli 1970
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby alanmcgregor » Tue May 09, 2023 1:22 am

C Zen has now native PS5 support... da fuq?

is it T2 really dead?
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby Scachi » Tue May 09, 2023 9:38 am

alanmcgregor wrote:C Zen has now native PS5 support... da fuq?

is it T2 really dead?

I still didn't found any official statement that c zen really has native ps5 support now.
Without any reliable source I don't believe that it is available to the users at the moment.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements