Another way to enable chat with T1 and Xbox one

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan One device.

Another way to enable chat with T1 and Xbox one

Postby whit77cali » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:56 pm

First let me point out that I won’t be doing this as I expect the new T2 device to come out in Q1 sometime. Second you may already have a windows 10 laptop available, if so then this solution becomes much more realistic. Now for a little background – All of us Xbox one users have dealt with a unique Microsoft imposed infuriating limitation when it comes to how we can connect up headphones for gaming. Right now there is only 1 real way - you have to go through the controller. You can’t just connect up some USB sound card like PS – nope xbox won’t take it. The current explanation is to decrease latency / increase bandwidth they have some proprietary wireless protocol and this has deep integration into how they accept sound I/O. Xbox expects mic input from the controller or Kinect – end of story. There have been various work arounds – and this will be another one. With a windows 10 PC you now have the ability to join xbox live party chats. So what does this enable? Well if you have a win 10 laptop sitting next to you on the couch – you can hook up a cheap mic and connect to your Xbox live party for mic input, then use your headphones for xbox sound output (game and chat sound output), and have your controller connected to your T1.

Quick summary:
Use Windows 10 – Xbox live party chat feature (for mic input)
Use my or some other solution for game and party sound output to your headphones.
http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2521&wpureload=1
Still have your xbox 1 controller connected to your T1.

You don’t have a windows 10 laptop available? (Note I haven’t tested this and won’t – I’ll just wait until T2 comes out – but this should work in theory)
Buy Intel Boxed Compute stick with Windows 10 Pre-Loaded and plug it into the Xbox one HDMI input (so awesome). You will probably also need to buy a Bluetooth 4 keyboard and mouse – and have WIFI for networking of course .
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014N4CZE2/ref=dra_a_cs_hp_hn_xx_P1300_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=cdf7050cc9a13ff01ad475e618113d74_S
Buy some Bluetooth headphones – and only use the mic in them.
http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-Joway-Wireless-Earphones/dp/B00PRVMM1M/ref=sr_1_36?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1451495554&sr=1-36&keywords=bluetooth+4+transmitter+for+mic
Use existing solution for game and chat sound
http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2521&wpureload=1

Lastly – try not to ponder why you didn’t buy a PS4 in the first place and don’t let your hatred for Microsoft consume you.
whit77cali
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Another way to enable chat with T1 and Xbox one

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:03 am

Thank you for sharing the information and for writing the Tutorial. I'm sure it will be very useful for our users.

Can I keep a copy of this post in our Tutorial section?
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby whit77cali » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:59 am

Sure - Thanks.
whit77cali
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby shadowcatt » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Another option that I use is the turtle beach stealth 420x headset. 100% full wireless including chat on Xbox one.
I use it with a racing wheel or while using the titan one.

added link
http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Stea ... rtle+beach
shadowcatt
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks shadowcatt for your input.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby whit77cali » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:11 pm

This is great! I didn't know they had these available. So it's good to know that Turtle Beach has a hub that will accept optical in + has USB out into the Xbox One (to input chat). No controller connection required. I'll have to look into these - I see the hug is available stand-alone for ~$99.
whit77cali
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby shadowcatt » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Yes it seems most people are unaware that these headsets exist which is why I posted. (most people still think its impossible on the xbox)
I have used this one for about 6 months. They do make a higher model as well, however I'm really happy with the sound from this one
shadowcatt
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Tutorials and FAQs