The PS4 Disconnect/reconnect issue, is still an issue?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

The PS4 Disconnect/reconnect issue, is still an issue?

Postby mindchamber » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:50 pm

I've had these 2 titan ones for months now, updated them , and yet I still have this ridiculous issue of this disconnect/reconnect with my ps4.. The titan-one works fine on all other systems except the PS4. Still? Even worse the SFV beta crashes when the disconnect/reconnect occurs.
How is this not a main issue youre dealing with?

Its frustrating because I couldve bought a ps3/ps4 stick for the same price of these two titan ones, but :x I have one stick I want to use on all my systems, .. and I cant because of this,
mindchamber
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: The PS4 Disconnect/reconnect issue, is still an issue?

Postby UK_Wildcats » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Are you playing with the controller connected via bluetooth dongle to the Titan 1 or wired? Here are my experiences.

Wireless: I have A LOT of wireless devices in my house and all within close proximity to my PS4. I have tried various bluetooth dongle with little success due to the the wireless interference that I have in my house. Due to the interference, the controller would stop working at time and disconnect. Then it would be fine after a few seconds.

Wired: Due to the interference, this is how I play on the PS4. I occasionally have problems with disconnect/reconnect which are always caused by cables going bad. The prongs of the micro UBS connector start wearing down and don't hold in as well causing random disconnects/reconnects. When I start having this problem, I swap it with a new cable and it solves the problem.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby mindchamber » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:13 am

Im not using a controller, Im using a fight stick.it has been sometime since Ive been on the forums, how do you play "wired" exactly? is there finally a way to plug the DS4 into the programming port and a fighter stick simultaneously?
mindchamber
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:59 am

mindchamber wrote:is there finally a way to plug the DS4 into the programming port and a fighter stick simultaneously?

This is not possible. The PCPROG port is not an USB host port.

You can, however, utilize the MaxAim DI plugin, where the DS4 controller is connected on the Titan One, and your fightstick on PC, The MaxAim will then captures the inputs from your fightstick and send to the Titan One via PCPROG port.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby mindchamber » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:12 pm

That's ridiculous, there's no way I'm going to power up my computer and buy wires long enough to connect all these devices together. ..
There has to be a better solution for a 70 dollar adapter.
mindchamber
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby mindchamber » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:48 pm

So what do I do with these two 70 dollar paper weights?
mindchamber
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby mike_907 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:08 pm

Just buy the add on instead of the whole thing when it's available. They will work hand in hand. And enjoy what u have now until then, technology advances, you don't get compensated for the old stuff when newer stuff comes out. I do wish the world worked that way though, lol.
mike_907
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby kinein » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:14 am

So I have an unopened Titan One, that I got not too long ago because I wanted to check in with this Disconnect/Reconnect issue I have been reading about. Now that I know that there is no fix for the authentication disconnect/reconnect issue, what do I do with my unopened Titan One?

What I am really asking is, how come there isn't a definitive answer about the PS4 Disconnect/Reconnect Issue,.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RS7OZ64ATN ... 1KKHRM33BM

Kargat's states there is a script? that you can set any key to reauthenticate at will? - Anyone have a link for this in the forums or know where I can read more and use this? This sounds like a perfectly good work-around.
kinein
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby reconalpha » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:13 am

This is really weird because.. I just got the Titan One from Amazon a couple weeks ago, I have this bluetooth dongle plugged into the full size USB slot on the front of the titan one: http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Bluetooth- ... etooth+4.0

And I use a regular dualshock 4 connected to the bluetooth dongle using "SixaxisPairTool" for Windows to pair it to that. I've not yet experienced a disconnect at all. This is after many many hours of playing.

I decided to buy the Titan One so I could use an Xbox One controller on PS4 as I was coming from Xbox 360 to PS4 and I had that Xbox One controller connected via USB cable to the Titan One and every 7-10 minutes I would get a disconnect and re-connect.

The reason I went with this particular Bluetooth dongle is that I built another hackintosh PC and I was looking for Mac compatible hardware for the build and found the reference to this dongle on Tonymacx86. Try to get your hands on that dongle and you shouldn't get a disconnect using a real PS4 controller.
reconalpha
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby mindchamber » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:16 am

mike_907 wrote:Just buy the add on instead of the whole thing when it's available. They will work hand in hand. And enjoy what u have now until then, technology advances, you don't get compensated for the old stuff when newer stuff comes out. I do wish the world worked that way though, lol.

haha except thats not what im asking for here.. Im asking for a device to work as advertised.
but Ill stay quiet for now until this add on is revealed. shame it wont be ready by Street Fighter V..
Im pretty sure the majority of buyers bought this so they could save money on sticks.. So this shouldve been priority over say.. making sure the wiimote works with the ps4 :roll:
mindchamber
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Next

Return to Titan One Device