The PS4 Disconnect/reconnect issue, is still an issue?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: The PS4 Disconnect/reconnect issue, is still an issue?

Postby mindchamber » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:19 am

reconalpha wrote:This is really weird because.. I just got the Titan One from Amazon a couple weeks ago, I have this bluetooth dongle plugged into the full size USB slot on the front of the titan one: http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Bluetooth- ... etooth+4.0

And I use a regular dualshock 4 connected to the bluetooth dongle using "SixaxisPairTool" for Windows to pair it to that. I've not yet experienced a disconnect at all. This is after many many hours of playing.

I decided to buy the Titan One so I could use an Xbox One controller on PS4 as I was coming from Xbox 360 to PS4 and I had that Xbox One controller connected via USB cable to the Titan One and every 7-10 minutes I would get a disconnect and re-connect.

The reason I went with this particular Bluetooth dongle is that I built another hackintosh PC and I was looking for Mac compatible hardware for the build and found the reference to this dongle on Tonymacx86. Try to get your hands on that dongle and you shouldn't get a disconnect using a real PS4 controller.

so where the the dongle go? and where would I plug my stick to?.. Some one needs to make a visual guide as to how to set all this nonsense up with the PC and PS4.. Since I have no other choice until the add ons released Id like to play this game when it comes out
mindchamber
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby kinein » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:48 am

Reconalpha, thank you! Sounds like a solution I'd be willing to test.
kinein
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby kinein » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:49 am

reconalpha wrote:This is really weird because.. I just got the Titan One from Amazon a couple weeks ago, I have this bluetooth dongle plugged into the full size USB slot on the front of the titan one: http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Bluetooth- ... etooth+4.0

And I use a regular dualshock 4 connected to the bluetooth dongle using "SixaxisPairTool" for Windows to pair it to that. I've not yet experienced a disconnect at all. This is after many many hours of playing.

I decided to buy the Titan One so I could use an Xbox One controller on PS4 as I was coming from Xbox 360 to PS4 and I had that Xbox One controller connected via USB cable to the Titan One and every 7-10 minutes I would get a disconnect and re-connect.

The reason I went with this particular Bluetooth dongle is that I built another hackintosh PC and I was looking for Mac compatible hardware for the build and found the reference to this dongle on Tonymacx86. Try to get your hands on that dongle and you shouldn't get a disconnect using a real PS4 controller.

So I guess my next question is, it sounds like this dongle is really necessary if you do not have your controller plugged into the ps4 via a usb cable?
kinein
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:04 am

@mindchamber: There are uncountable ways you can use the Titan One. For example, on PS4 you can use the original controller and still enjoy the Gamepacks a scripting capabilities without worry about the authentication.

@mike_907: Thank you for your input here.

@kinein: We will come out with some good deal for the current Titan One owners.

@reconalpha: The authentication is something related with the PS4 console. You can use the PS4 controller (wired/wirelessly) on PC or any other console without any issue related with authentication.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby kinein » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:47 am

J2Kbr wrote:@mindchamber: There are uncountable ways you can use the Titan One. For example, on PS4 you can use the original controller and still enjoy the Gamepacks a scripting capabilities without worry about the authentication.

@mike_907: Thank you for your input here.

@reconalpha: The authentication is something related with the PS4 console. You can use the PS4 controller (wired/wirelessly) on PC or any other console without any issue related with authentication.

ah, okay ~

I'm primarily looking to use mouse & keyboard with the PS4, from what I'm guessing. I can still plug my headset into the controller for microphone & audio, while using a : mouse & keyboard ?

I'm looking to using the Titan One for the PS4 : to play the game - The Division

I'll be finally opening my Titan One to use it ~ since you did say:

Thank you for the replies!
kinein
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:36 am

kinein wrote:I'm primarily looking to use mouse & keyboard with the PS4, from what I'm guessing. I can still plug my headset into the controller for microphone & audio, while using a : mouse & keyboard ? I'm looking to using the Titan One for the PS4 : to play the game - The Division

The audio pass-thru is not supported by the Titan One, even when using the K&M and just having the PS4 controller for authentication. However, any wireless headset can be used, such the Sony Gold 7.1 model

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explo ... o-headset/

or -on PS4- soundcard trick:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=330

kinein wrote:I'll be finally opening my Titan One to use it

Awesome!! :) You will not regret! :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Previous

Return to Titan One Device