On PS4 the wired xbox1 controller has a 10 minute timeout?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

On PS4 the wired xbox1 controller has a 10 minute timeout?

Postby Xantac » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:33 pm

As the Title says For friends to come over I need two controllers I have one ps4 and one Xbone controller I use through the tuner. The xbox1 controller times out every10 minutes is there a way to disable this through playstation or console tuner/titan1 settings? I hope my description was clear let me know if I can clarify. Thank you for any responses!

PS a friend walked past my ps4 and the tuner and cable was connected (tripped over cable), bastard broke my tuner, just bought 2nd one. I hope I can figure out how to use xbone controller on ps4 without the 10 minute timeout.
Xantac
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: On PS4 the wired xbox1 controller has a 10 minute timeou

Postby UK_Wildcats » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:02 pm

The 10 minute authentication is part of PS4 and Xbox connection. There is no way to turn it off. To get around this, you need to ensure that you have you enable PS4 partial cross over support.

Tools - Options - Titan One - Enable PS4 crossover support (auto reconnect every 10 min).

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/device_options.htm?mw=MjQw&st=MA==&sct=MA==&ms=AQAACA==
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Xantac » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:53 am

Of course crossover support was enabled and I no longer have had to deal with unplugging then replugging the usb but it still goes through the authentication, (now it reconnects) and now it throws me to a log into a user screen which is a huge problem when we play online. So there is no way around this aside from buying a ps4 remote, correct?
Xantac
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:25 pm

You can use the MaxAim DI plugin to crossover play on PS4 (eg use Xbox One controller on PS4), with no worries about reconnection, however this approach requires you to have a PC near to the PS4. The MaxAim DI captures the inputs from the Xbox One controller connected on PC, converts these inputs according to layout you made and, through the Titan One device, it sends your commands to console.

For example, the connections required to use on PS4:

(1) Titan One on PS4
(2) Titan One on PC (mini-USB cable)
(3) PS4 controller on Titan One (for authentication)
(4) Your Xbox One controller on PC
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Rust66 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:31 pm

J2Kbr wrote:(1) Titan One on PS4
(2) Titan One on PC (mini-USB cable)
(3) PS4 controller on Titan One (for authentication)
(4) Your Xbox One controller on PC

Hello J2Kbr! Can you please clarify for me regarding the PS4... if I always have a PC next to the PS4, and I use MaxAim DI for everything with the Titan One (meaning all input devices such as a keyboard, a directinput joystick, a mouse, etc. are connected to the PC), then there would never be any reconnection of any kind to re-authenticate? That is, as long as I keep a PS4 controller plugged in to the Titan One.
Rust66
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:03 am

@Rust66: totally correct. :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device