DESTINY - Titan Fun Pack

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: DESTINY - Titan Fun Pack

Postby antithesis » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:07 am

Another new version in-bound.

Tweaking sensitivity on HIP felt pointless, so I replaced it with independent X and Y axes settings for Pri ADS and Sec ADS.

Instead of using up ToggleFlag index values, Steady Aim is now toggled ON/OFF by a SPRINT tap while ADS. Frashbang, that's the code you wanted for your script ;)

Titan Skate and Auto-sprint toggles restored.

Toggle bindings have been rebuilt to match controller buttons instead of script aliases to be layout-independent, and to make more sense of the bindings (core functions on D-PAD UP, options on D-PAD RIGHT).

The toggle changes will affect current PVAR states on Titan One - you'll need to transfer the script again and re-enable the toggles you want as a few have changed. Sorry, won't happen again!

Bug-testing permitting, this will be the final iteration and I can move onto Warlock and Hunter. I'll upload the new version after some quick testing to make sure the toggles are correctly configured.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:10 am

Updated to v1.4 and reuploaded.

Also tested anti-recoil and there's still some funky stuff going on in general with the Titan One. I found Vertical Recoil values up to 125 worked for everything.

Anything over 125 turns into a negative RY-axis value, but it works for Shotguns and Snipers - they can take values up to 200 and are more effective at that anti-recoil range.

I tested with mouse, I'll re-test with a controller.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Callisto » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:25 am

Love this script. Awesome job - thank you very much. Looking forward for the Warlock and Hunter scripts.
Callisto
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:31 am

Callisto wrote:Love this script. Awesome job - thank you very much. Looking forward for the Warlock and Hunter scripts.

Be sure to use v1.4, I fixed a few minor issues and documentation errors.

This should be the final version before I get cracking on Warlock and Hunter. All the mods / combos are done, I just need to integrate all of the newer stuff into the scripts.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:23 am

Script updated to v1.5.

I spent the day testing a bunch of anti-recoil scripts including the latest Xim4 anti-recoil version.

All of the rescaling, sensitivity and deadzone stuff can be scrapped, it's a solution in search of a problem. The bulk of the magic is in this scrap of code, which came from a prototype Xim 4 script posted earlier in that thread -

Code: Select all
if (get_val(SHOOT) && isqrt(pow(get_val(RX_AXIS), 2) + pow(get_val(RY_AXIS), 2)) <= 30)

That alone is enough to largely resolve the problem for Xim4 and removes all of the fight you get below the horizon, as well as horizontal jitter.

The only issue seems to come from the "30" value in the snippet. Reduce that number to 25 and it resolves a small amount of jitter from fine mouse movement. Apply it to a bog-standard anti-recoil script and you're done.

Also, I'm not sure where the Xim4 phantom deadzone of 20 came from, but it looks to be wrong. Values of 12 or more on both X & Y axes are visible when using a Sniper rifle ADS. A deadzone of 11 seems right, but it's so small as to be negligible. So the XIM4_MIN_VALUE stuff can be scrapped too.

Consequently, I've updated the opening line of the anti-recoil function, scrapped all deadzone settings and simplified the anti-recoil conditions. It feels smooth using a Xim, at least in Destiny.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby bonefisher » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:22 am

The dead zone for each game is different for sure and do know any game is over 10 anyway because of the sticks allowance for passing sloppy test. lol!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jayjack » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:57 am

antithesis wrote:
Consequently, I've updated the opening line of the anti-recoil function, scrapped all deadzone settings and simplified the anti-recoil conditions. It feels smooth using a Xim, at least in Destiny.

Your new anti-recoil YouTube sure looks sharp.

Have I asked you if you play Rainbow6? :P
It is a great game , you should try it. :wink:
Lol
jayjack
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby antithesis » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:03 am

Here's an anti-recoil comparison.

1. No anti-recoil
2. Standard Left, Right & Vertical anti-recoil. Left = 16, Vert = 55
3. Xim4 anti-recoil. No configurable X-axis. Strength = 30
4. Titan Fun Pack anti-recoil. Left, Right & Vertical, Special ADS. Left = 16, Vert = 55

My script is #4. It's a hybrid of Standard and Xim4, with better recoil and reticle control than Standard, and none of the code bloat and unnecessary deadzone and sensitivity adjustments of the Xim4 version. It's also far more functional than either, with separate settings for L/R/V on Primary HIP, Primary ADS, Special HIP and Special ADS.

- The first part of the test was to aim at a spot on a concrete block, pick up a controller, let go of the sticks to take manual adjustments out of the equation, hold ADS and Shoot to see what happens.
- The second part was to pick up a mouse and test what anti-recoil does to the RX and RY axes, which is only possible to see with no ammo in the weapon.
- Left and Vert are the same for #2 and #4 for a direct comparison of recoil settings.
- Rapid-fire of 10 bullets / sec was used for all tests.

#1 is the Vestian Dynasty's default recoil pattern.
#2 has a lot of vertical and right drift at the same settings as #4 and is impossible to control once you pull back on a mouse.
#3 applies a different anti-recoil method with no control over horizontal recoil. It blooms moderately to the right, but has great reticle control, so it's easy to adjust to a moving target.
#4 has the tightest clustering with little right-side bloom and great reticle control which again, is easy to adjust to a moving target. I could have dialled in #4 better with more Left and less Vert to keep it more centred, but I wanted a fairer comparison.

The Xim4 anti-recoil is tidy, but it's a heavy script with no horizontal settings. I tried to merge my script with the Xim4 version, but it meant dropping a half dozen other functions for little to no gain. The first line of Xim4 code (which came from a different script) with a minor tweak was near enough to be good enough and meant far broader application with more granular control within the bytecode limit.

As far as using this in-game, it's great for Shotgun & Snipers and definitely helps with Hand Cannons. The downside is you're not in complete control of the reticle. The amount of anti-recoil changes depending on how long you hold down Shoot which introduces randomness into a normally predictable recoil pattern. It would be better if the anti-recoil was applied with every loop of a rapid-fire combo, but I haven't crossed that bridge yet.

Titan Two will have better anti-recoil control by allowing fractions and implementing more robust math functions. I'm not much of a math guy myself, but it'll be fun to see what the eggheads nut out for us.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby roidman » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:33 pm

can't switch this script to Jumper layout as given in the instructions.
Symptoms : Hold Dpad-R press X on ps4 controller, nothing happens.
Looking at the code It says :

// Jumper Button Layout (PS4 R3 / XB1 RS)
if (event_press (5)) { SetToggle (13); }

but earlier it says

// define FLAG_RESET = 5;

meaning 5 is never really assigned to anything? there is no such thing as event_press(5)?
roidman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:20 pm

5 is a button indicator, in this instance it means that you need to press PS4_R3 PS3_R3 XB1_RS XB360_RS depending on what controller you are using. So when, for instance, you were to press PS4_R3 it would run the SetToggle function flipping flag position 13.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to GPC1 Script Programming