Custom rack for the T2

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Custom rack for the T2

Postby Scachi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi,

i want to share a newer design of my rack for the T2, drawn with tinkercad, printed with a prusa i3 3d home printer (material PLA). It requires two 90 degree angle usb adapter (like this one amazon.de).

Max. dimensions of the USB adapter front: width=20, height=12, depth=10mm (depth can be longer/shorter)
Also spend attention to the direction of the plug/upper side of the adapter. The plastic piece has to be on the rear side or your T2 will face the wrong direction. Check the orientation of the T2 Input- ports to make sure you order the correct adapters.
t2rack_dim.jpg
t2rack_dim.jpg (22.81 KiB) Viewed 1102 times

Here is an example for a correct adapter:
t2rack_usb_adapter.jpg
t2rack_usb_adapter.jpg (117.63 KiB) Viewed 1058 times



T2h-1.JPG
T2h-1.JPG (224.67 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
T2h-2.JPG
T2h-2.JPG (213.21 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
T2h-3.JPG
T2h-3.JPG (219.36 KiB) Viewed 4097 times


It has three parts: front, base, ring
The front and base did fit perfectly on the first try and can be secured with a small screw from the bottom. The ring is used for holding the cables. The vertical support of the base holds the T2 in place and in angle of 90 degrees to not damage the front usb port by the weight of the three cables on the top going to the back.

The best improvement ... it is black this time - the old one was posted here ;-)

You can access/view/edit the 3d model at tinkercad : https://www.tinkercad.com/things/5nUYbBlfBMw feel free to use it if you want to print one yourself, but remember to print it in three parts as the colors suggests. The front has to be rotated face down for easy printing.

Here is a link to the model with parts separated and rotated ready for printing https://www.tinkercad.com/things/kzrD0Jbvybe
You can find a local store and order a print via https://www.3dhubs.com/ or directly from within tinkercad.


Screenshot from tinkercad:
t2-rack.png
t2-rack.png (30.23 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
t2-rack-complete.png
t2-rack-complete.png (95.42 KiB) Viewed 4097 times
Last edited by Scachi on Sat May 04, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
User avatar
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 6:25 am
Location: Germany

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby bonefisher » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:48 pm

Awesome! :joia:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby prototype » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:28 am

Very good :smile0517: I think to do something like that later. I have put my bedroom outside and now i have a bigger gaming room :) And i will need a solid rack like that to have it in view and manage the cables!
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
User avatar
prototype
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 2963
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:39 pm

omg ... that is really awesome!! :) it makes me want one for my self!
ConsoleTuner Support Team
User avatar
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army
 
Posts: 18114
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby Scachi » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:04 pm

J2Kbr wrote:omg ... that is really awesome!! :) it makes me want one for my self!

Thank you.
I would print and send you one, but I think the shipping costs more than getting it printed locally.
Ordering one from a local printing store is possible via https://www.3dhubs.com from within the tinkercad link of the model with the separated parts in my first post. For a friend in another country it was around 20€ for the print, with shipping costs included.
Just make sure that the dimensions of your 90 degree angle usb adapter do fit in there :innocent_smile_1:
User avatar
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 6:25 am
Location: Germany

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby pablosscripts » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Damn this is sweet, I'm going to build one of my own sooner or later still thinking of the design.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
User avatar
pablosscripts
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 1945
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:27 am

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby mistrb01 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:04 pm

This is cool! What material did you use to print this?
User avatar
mistrb01
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:57 pm

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby Scachi » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:01 pm

mistrb01 wrote:This is cool! What material did you use to print this?

I used black PLA
User avatar
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 6:25 am
Location: Germany

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Scachi wrote:I would print and send you one, but I think the shipping costs more than getting it printed locally.
Ordering one from a local printing store is possible via https://www.3dhubs.com from within the tinkercad link of the model with the separated parts in my first post. For a friend in another country it was around 20€ for the print, with shipping costs included. Just make sure that the dimensions of your 90 degree angle usb adapter do fit in there :innocent_smile_1:

Thanks! :) I will check for a local 3d printing company after new year eve! and also order the 90° usb connectors. :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
User avatar
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army
 
Posts: 18114
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Custom rack for the T2

Postby Scachi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:49 am

J2Kbr wrote:
Scachi wrote:I would print and send you one, but I think the shipping costs more than getting it printed locally.
Ordering one from a local printing store is possible via https://www.3dhubs.com from within the tinkercad link of the model with the separated parts in my first post. For a friend in another country it was around 20€ for the print, with shipping costs included. Just make sure that the dimensions of your 90 degree angle usb adapter do fit in there :innocent_smile_1:

Thanks! :) I will check for a local 3d printing company after new year eve! and also order the 90° usb connectors. :joia:


Buy the 90° adapters first and check/post/pm its dimensions, so I can check is it will fit in there. I can adjust the rack easily.
Most important is the adapter height and width of the "front" part where the usb cable will be plugged into the adapter as it has to fit into the rack front. My adapters have a height of 13.1mm and a width of 19.8mm. Anything equal to or smaller than that should fit.
User avatar
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 2244
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 6:25 am
Location: Germany

Next

Return to Titan Two Device

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests