Crash course on using the Input Translator

Tutorials, How-tos and FAQs for the Titan Two device.

Crash course on using the Input Translator

Postby Prototype » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:53 am

The Input Translator is used to remap any controller, keyboard, mouse, arcade stick or whatever HID devices you want to use. And the list is growing.

By default Keyboard And Mouse are usable but don't use all controller's buttons so you have to define how you want to use your controller.

Create a New Input Translator:
GIT file.png
GIT file.png (8.7 KiB) Viewed 10869 times

Here it's easy to use:
Input Translator.png
Input Translator.png (27.93 KiB) Viewed 10869 times

With most of the gaming mice you have to use the mouse's brand software to link the keys to the mouse's buttons then link them in the Input Translator.

You can load the file (F5) when the Titan Two is connected for test and debug and save the file.
Or drag and drop the GIT file into a slot:
GIT icon.png
GIT icon.png (834 Bytes) Viewed 10869 times

Slot.png
Slot.png (4.22 KiB) Viewed 10828 times

You can also use the keyboard by script by including the keyboard gph.
Code: Select all
#include <keyboard.gph>

Code: Select all
if(key_status(KEY_Z)) {
set_val(BUTTON_11,100);
}
if(key_status(KEY_W)) {
combo_run(RadpiFire1);
}

If you see anything to add please comment.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Re: Crash course on using the Input Translator

Postby bonefisher » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:01 am

:joia:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Great tutorial!! thanks for making it!! :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Timbo » Thu May 04, 2017 8:03 pm

in the future, will it be possible to use virtual HID controllers, like vjoy, with the input translator?
Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu May 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Timbo wrote:in the future, will it be possible to use virtual HID controllers, like vjoy, with the input translator?

Currently is possible to redirect keyboard and mouse from PC to the Titan Two as a "Virtual HID Device". Please let me know which device you are interfacing thru vjoy, so I can have a better idea if the solution we currently have can be used for your purpose. thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Timbo » Thu May 04, 2017 8:58 pm

i would like to use my thrustmaster steering wheel and fanatec pedals on xb1. they are recognized on the T2, but with the wheel, i can't adjust the degrees of rotation, or return to center, without the PC software/drivers.
Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Timbo » Thu May 04, 2017 9:05 pm

i guess a redirect steering wheel from PC to the titan two would make vjoy unnecessary. the pedals actually run fine without the PC drivers, and they could connect directly to the titan two usb.
Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu May 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Timbo wrote:i would like to use my thrustmaster steering wheel and fanatec pedals on xb1. they are recognized on the T2, but with the wheel, i can't adjust the degrees of rotation, or return to center, without the PC software/drivers.

As you noticed the Titan Two already provide support for steering wheels and pedals, there are still some work to do to enable the "advanced" features, as you described. Possible the thrustmaster is similar to the Logitech models, where is needed a special initialization procedure to enable such features.

Unfortunately, in this case, the Gtuner IV "Virtual HID device" will not be of much help. The implementation of the special initialization for steering wheels is in my to do list.

But let me know, despite that, the wheel and pedals are usable with the Titan Two? I ask because -so far- haven't got any feedback related to this. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Timbo » Thu May 04, 2017 10:23 pm

the wheel had some crazy input values, but it works well connected to the titan two with an adjustment script. there was no noticeable input lag. same with the fanatec pedals, except the values were well behaved going from -100 to 100. i tested the wheel on PC in raceroom for about 30 min. it was very usable, except for the unfamiliar degrees of rotation. i find it a little difficult to be precise too. the wheel just spins freely, and that does does not feel normal. even non ffb wheels have some kind of resistance and/or return to center spring that give you something to push or pull against. it's not a deal breaker, tho.

oh, is it possible to connect two usb HID devices to the titan two?
Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu May 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Thank you very much for the feedback. As stated above, I will be working to get steering wheels working as best as possible natively on the Titan Two.

Timbo wrote:oh, is it possible to connect two usb HID devices to the titan two?

yes, you can. there is no restriction in this regard. Including the back Micro-USB ports, with an OTG adapter, also can be used for input. You can connect up to 4 USB HID devices simultaneously. :joia:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Tutorials and FAQs