Titan two random disconnecting problem

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Titan two random disconnecting problem

Postby AhmedEgg » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 pm

So i had this problem for 2 months now , where titan two keep randomly discconecting , somtimes i play for hours without any issues , and somtimes its keep disconnecting every few seconds ( i only use one controller connected to the titan)

It only works if i use xbox wireless adapter ( wich takes 20 mintues to connect )

I already tried the following
- to enable force usb
- connecting with the wire that came in the box
- putting no scripts
- using sd card
- holding both buttons to turn it into programming mode and formating it
- using another controller
- checked the latest firmware

So im looking for someone that can help me cause it been bugging me alot and preventing me from using it
AhmedEgg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Titan two random disconnecting problem

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:45 am

After receiving user's reports and perform some tests it seems the XBox Wireless Adapter consume a significant amount of power. I could reproduce issues similar to what you described with the Titan Two on PS4 and having the Xbox Wireless Adapter and a DS4 connected to the Titan Two. No issues were noticed after plug the external power supply to the Titan Two.

If you have possibility, please test with an external power supply.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby The_Rabid_Taco » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Also, I play this way constantly, make sure that they Titan Two is on and both output and port A are fully green before turning on the controller. It appears that this has to do with the Xbox Wireless Adapter more than anything. I also found that same issue, however I use the short cable that came in the Titan Connection Kit. What triggered it was my headset kept blinking out, wireless as well, and so I swapped out the Titan Two and the Headset dongle. Turns out it was the USB port. Neither one works on that specific port. That being said, I moved both to direct Xbox connections, it is a 8TB external powered hdd that supplies 2 USB, and haven't had a problem since. If possible, use a really good quality, shorter USB cable and hopefully power won't be an issue. If you do have a power supply that works for Titan Two, it couldn't hurt.
The_Rabid_Taco
Major
Major

Postby AhmedEgg » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:14 pm

J2Kbr wrote:After receiving user's reports and perform some tests it seems the XBox Wireless Adapter consume a significant amount of power. I could reproduce issues similar to what you described with the Titan Two on PS4 and having the Xbox Wireless Adapter and a DS4 connected to the Titan Two. No issues were noticed after plug the external power supply to the Titan Two.

If you have possibility, please test with an external power supply.

Im talking about disconnecting problem without using the wireless adapter , only controller connected with a wire to the titan

Edit: the xbox wireless adapter never disconnect after connect ( the problem is it takes 20 min for it to connect)
Last edited by AhmedEgg on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AhmedEgg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby AhmedEgg » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:19 pm

The_Rabid_Taco wrote:Also, I play this way constantly, make sure that they Titan Two is on and both output and port A are fully green before turning on the controller. It appears that this has to do with the Xbox Wireless Adapter more than anything. I also found that same issue, however I use the short cable that came in the Titan Connection Kit. What triggered it was my headset kept blinking out, wireless as well, and so I swapped out the Titan Two and the Headset dongle. Turns out it was the USB port. Neither one works on that specific port. That being said, I moved both to direct Xbox connections, it is a 8TB external powered hdd that supplies 2 USB, and haven't had a problem since. If possible, use a really good quality, shorter USB cable and hopefully power won't be an issue. If you do have a power supply that works for Titan Two, it couldn't hurt.

But why would i need to use power adapter if im only using one wired controller connected to the titan?
I read the manual and it said power adapter is required if im connecting alot of devices on it
Also i already tried using my wire that came with s7 edge , but still same problem
AhmedEgg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby AhmedEgg » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Bump
AhmedEgg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:59 am

Have you tried another cable to connect the Titan Two to the console? and also to connect the controller to the Titan Two? Normally connection issues are related with the cables. In your setup (only one controller) the power supply is not needed.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby AhmedEgg » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:24 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Have you tried another cable to connect the Titan Two to the console? and also to connect the controller to the Titan Two? Normally connection issues are related with the cables. In your setup (only one controller) the power supply is not needed.

Yes i already tried 3 diffrent cables , all of them still have the same problem
Tried diffrent usb port too , still same issue
AhmedEgg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:56 am

Thanks, okay, please help me understand better the issue. I want to know if the disconnection happens on the controller or on the console side.

Use the Titan Two connected only to the console (with no PROG connection), and the controller wired to Input-A. Play as normal until the disconnection happens. Check the device status LED for the INPUT-A and OUTPUT. Let me know if both still green, changed to red or turned off.

After this try unplug and plug only the controller, does the connection is re-established?

Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby AhmedEgg » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thanks, okay, please help me understand better the issue. I want to know if the disconnection happens on the controller or on the console side.

Use the Titan Two connected only to the console (with no PROG connection), and the controller wired to Input-A. Play as normal until the disconnection happens. Check the device status LED for the INPUT-A and OUTPUT. Let me know if both still green, changed to red or turned off.

After this try unplug and plug only the controller, does the connection is re-established?

Thanks.

Already tried without prog

And when the disconnecting happens the titan flashes red and green on input a and output leds and displayes A U error

Tried unpluging and pluging inly controller , connecting established , but it disconnect again after few mins
AhmedEgg
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support