Simple guide on connecting your Xim to your Titan Two : )

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Simple guide on connecting your Xim to your Titan Two : )

Postby Maxxgold » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:52 am

Maxxgold
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Simple guide on connecting your Xim to your Titan Two :

Postby Wistle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:19 am

Yeah, that great. Happy that everything is working good for you. Meanwhile, I'm ordering switches and new cables trying to get mine working. Seems like nowadays T2 is plug and play with xim but a year ago when I bought mine you had to do work arounds to work with xim4. Mine isn't plug-n-play w/apex. Something is wrong somewhere and I haven't figured it out.

Seen you on both forums. Be nice if you would weigh in with some advice. Rather than post pics in jest.
Wistle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Maxxgold » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:01 am

Wistle wrote:Yeah, that great. Happy that everything is working good for you. Meanwhile, I'm ordering switches and new cables trying to get mine working. Seems like nowadays T2 is plug and play with xim but a year ago when I bought mine you had to do work arounds to work with xim4. Mine isn't plug-n-play w/apex. Something is wrong somewhere and I haven't figured it out.

Seen you on both forums. Be nice if you would weigh in with some advice. Rather than post pics in jest.

Sorry you are having problems. I just received my Titan Two a few days ago, so I don't have any more experience with how to set it up than this. I listened to @antithesis for advice on setting the 2 devices up. I'm pretty experienced with the Xim, but I'm just getting my feet wet with the Titan 2, but I'm loving it so far.

Yeah, it seems like people have issues with power and cables. Everything I have hooked up works without any extra power in the loop, but I have an adapter ready if I experience any issues.
Maxxgold

Postby Wistle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:53 am

No, I'm sorry. Let my frustrations get the better of me.

I for the life of me can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Tech support here is so damn slow and if you post at xim forums you get told to post here. I'm ready to give up at this point.

Once I knew the work around...I had no issues with the T2 and Xim4/Xbox One. Now with Apex and Xbox1X I can't get the setup to run.
Wistle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Maxxgold » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:07 am

Wistle wrote:No, I'm sorry. Let my frustrations get the better of me.

I for the life of me can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Tech support here is so damn slow and if you post at xim forums you get told to post here. I'm ready to give up at this point.

Once I knew the work around...I had no issues with the T2 and Xim4/Xbox One. Now with Apex and Xbox1X I can't get the setup to run.

It's all good. I'll try to help you out the best I can, and hopefully someone with more experience than me will help out too.

Are you using an Xbox One S controller? I had an issue with an Xbox One S controller, it wouldn't work for me at all. I'm using an Xbox One X controller now, and my original Xbox One controller work well too. Have you tried powering the Xim Apex Hub? Also, does anything work, can you hook up your TItan Two and Xim Apex by themselves and do they work?

I also installed a micro SD card and in device configuration I hit configure, which loads some files onto the micro SD card.
Maxxgold

Postby Wistle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:46 am

Maxxgold wrote:Are you using an Xbox One S controller? I had an issue with an Xbox One S controller, it wouldn't work for me at all. I'm using an Xbox One X controller now, and my original Xbox One controller work well too. Have you tried powering the Xim Apex Hub? Also, does anything work, can you hook up your TItan Two and Xim Apex by themselves and do they work?

I also installed a micro SD card and in device configuration I hit configure, which loads some files onto the micro SD card.

Using an elite controller. I don't use a keyboard, just the left side of the controller. I've done this since XIM3.

I took Antithesis advice here...

Me - "I am getting constant power to the usb."

Antithesis - "How I get around this issue on XB1 is by using an IOGear GUS404 (or GUS402) and connecting the T2 to that. I use the IOGear switch to swap my Xim from PS4 to XB1. All I need to do is swap the controller on the Apex and toggle to that console.

Toggle the IOGear switch away from the XB1 and back again. For some reason this resets the controller authentication on the XB1 and allows me to hot-swap the T2, instead of having to go through the cold reboot process every time."

I have it powered by my PC.

Apex set up always works flawlessly. I have to do a few reboots in order to get the T2 solo to work.

The problems I have aren't consistent. Most of the time the mouse doesn't work, light will be on but no movement or input. Sometimes the controller doesn't come on. Same with the mouse, sometimes both. I can't find a listing for error codes on the T2. Sometimes I get a flashing 0...flashes top 3 lines of a 0 then the bottom 3 over and over again.

Was your setup plug and play...no authenticating.?
Wistle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Wistle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:36 am

SOLVED...

For others reading this. With Maxxgolds help at the xim forums, we discovered that it was my elite controller causing my issues.

I've purchased a switch and new cables trying to get the apex/T2 combo to work together. Instead its was a simple switch of controllers that fixed my problem. It would be nice if there was some kind of FAQ sticky where issues like mine are addressed.
Wistle
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby gankbait » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:59 am

well for me i do connect my xim setup ( which works ) to titan two then t2 to ps4 and i keep getting the message wireless controller not connected.. have no idea what to do
gankbait
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:13 pm

gankbait wrote:well for me i do connect my xim setup ( which works ) to titan two then t2 to ps4 and i keep getting the message wireless controller not connected.. have no idea what to do

On PS4 check if you have the Wired Communication enabled, as explained here:

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... figuration
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Wistle wrote:SOLVED...

For others reading this. With Maxxgolds help at the xim forums, we discovered that it was my elite controller causing my issues.

I've purchased a switch and new cables trying to get the apex/T2 combo to work together. Instead its was a simple switch of controllers that fixed my problem. It would be nice if there was some kind of FAQ sticky where issues like mine are addressed.

Glad you got it solved, but just an FYI, my Elite controller works fine. I remove the battery though to minimise power drain.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices