bluetooth wireless ps4 lag after update 2.02

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

bluetooth wireless ps4 lag after update 2.02

Postby crad159 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:14 am

Hello I am currently experiencing serious lag after the 2.02 frmware update for the titan one. I am using the Asus USB-BT400 Bluetooth v4.0 and it worked no problem until I updated the titan one firmware to 2.02. I also have a CM which I use for ps3 and use the same bluetooth device on that and have no lag issues. Any ideas on what could be the issue? I have used the speed up settings which actually make it lag more.
crad159
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: bluetooth wireless ps4 lag after update 2.02

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:09 am

Try disable the "DS4 BT Boost" - We have reports that ASUS Bluetooth works better without this option enabled.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Baby Cham » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:31 pm

If it's worth anything, folks can try this bluetooth dongle. http://www.amazon.com/SMK-Link-Nano-Don ... tooth+v4.0 Iv'e been using this bad boy with the PS3 and PS4 controllers without any issues whatsoever.
Baby Cham
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Thanks for the tip!! For sure it will help!
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby BAGD » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Hey Crad159, I have both the ASUS and SoundBot Bluetooth Dongles..
In my experience, with the ASUS BT-400 I notice it has the Least amount of Lag if in the Device Options, you ONLY check
1ms Response and leave everything else Unchecked under Speed Up Settings.
Good Luck!
BTW I find the SoundBot to have too much lag so the ASUS is working best for me with the above settings.
BAGD
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby crad159 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:37 am

BAGD wrote:Hey Crad159, I have both the ASUS and SoundBot Bluetooth Dongles..
In my experience, with the ASUS BT-400 I notice it has the Least amount of Lag if in the Device Options, you ONLY check
1ms Response and leave everything else Unchecked under Speed Up Settings.
Good Luck!
BTW I find the SoundBot to have too much lag so the ASUS is working best for me with the above settings.

Thanks for the response and it definitely helps with making less lag using only the one ms response time but their is still a little bit of lag.
crad159
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby crad159 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:42 am

Baby Cham wrote:If it's worth anything, folks can try this bluetooth dongle. http://www.amazon.com/SMK-Link-Nano-Don ... tooth+v4.0 Iv'e been using this bad boy with the PS3 and PS4 controllers without any issues whatsoever.

Im thinking about purchasing this but wanted to make sure that it worked really well. Do you notice any lag at all or disconnects? also do you have to put any kind of setting on it for it to work well like the 1ms response time etc... Thanks for the response.
crad159
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby binkster » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:17 pm

I am also experiencing lag again with my soundbot. The strange thing is when i seem to only play for about an hour i don't notice much lag. The longer i play the worse my response gets. It gets to the point that its totally unusable and i have to plug the controller directly into the Titan to resolve the issue. I have the settings optimized per your suggestions.
binkster
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:21 pm

binkster wrote:I am also experiencing lag again with my soundbot. The strange thing is when i seem to only play for about an hour i don't notice much lag. The longer i play the worse my response gets. It gets to the point that its totally unusable and i have to plug the controller directly into the Titan to resolve the issue. I have the settings optimized per your suggestions.

That is very intriguing. Instead of changing to the cable, just unplug and plug the bluetooth dongle. Please report the result.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Just to add my personal experience. I have a 3 years old Trendnet Bluetooth dongle and I yesterday played over 2 hours DarkSouls II on PS3 using the DS4. And, honestly, I didn't noticed any lag. I know I'm suspicious to talk about my own product, but it's true. I'm very competitive while playing and I'll never accept any lag. I'll try do the same today, but on PS4. Btw, which game you guys are playing?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan One Device