Ds4 to Bluetooth Titan two to pc or ps4 no control

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Ds4 to Bluetooth Titan two to pc or ps4 no control

Postby awaxnova » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi, I have a ds4 connected to my titan two via Bluetooth.

I can change the leds on the t2 and ds4 via gtuner and the prog port,
proving that the connection exists.

I cannot see any controller activity on device monitor when I activate the ds4 sticks or buttons.
This ds4 device monitor does work in wired usb mode.

I also can authenticate to ps4 via the t2 output port, but the ds4 doesn't affect the ps4...
it acts like I'm not even trying to activate the ds4 sticks or buttons.

I know that the ds4 is connected to the t2 since the up down buttons on t2 can change
my ds4 led color.

What can I do to get the bt connected ds4 to make the t2 control
the ps4 or the device monitor in gtuner?

Thank you.
awaxnova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Ds4 to Bluetooth Titan two to pc or ps4 no control

Postby glenntidbury » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:32 pm

I had similar behaviour when my ds4 was connected to a wireless charger. If you're using something similar, you could try removing that from the equation.

Other than that, ensure that the ds4 isn't still registered to the PS4, reset it via the pin hole button on the back,repair it to the T2, and see if you get any better results?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby awaxnova » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Thank you. So far, no change after reconnecting post reset. I held the button in for 10 seconds while the ds4 wss on. I don't have a wireless charger - but might get one now that I know they exist :)
awaxnova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:37 am

Have you tested it the other way around ? Can you control the Titan Two with your controller over bluetooth - changing slots by holder down R1 or L1 and press PS button on the controller ?

Is it a ds4 controller from the PS4 pro - with the lightbar visible at the touchpad ? I can only get the older ones to pair reliable over bluetooth.

Have you deleted the controller from the ps4 menu devices->bluetooth bluetooth devices before trying to pair it to the T2?

Try to pair the controller to the T2 without having the PS4 powered on just to make sure that the controller isn't bypassing the T2 and connects to the ps4 system directly.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby awaxnova » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:07 am

Thank you for the suggestions! I will try them and get back to you...

Do you mean to say that I can't use the new controller with titan two?
It's the reason I bought t2 to replace my t1.
But yes, it's the new controller type.

I've paired with the ps4 off, but haven't deleted it from the ps4 bt device list.
awaxnova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:21 am

awaxnova wrote:Thank you for the suggestions! I will try them and get back to you...

Do you mean to say that I can't use the new controller with titan two?
It's the reason I bought t2 to replace my t1.
But yes, it's the new controller type.

I've paired with the ps4 off, but haven't deleted it from the ps4 bt device list.

I have tested it yesterday again. Deleting the device from the ps4 bt device list.
Shutting down the PS4 and syncing the new controller to the T2 work.
The controller works fine for me then with the T2 over bt and T2 connected via usb to my ps4.
It looks like the trouble of connecting via bt to the T2 starts for me after connecting the controller again via usb to the t2 (done that for recharging).

So, the new controller works over bt with the T2 for me.
I have to test if connecting it via usb again after using it via bt will start the connection trouble every time.

For the new controllers to use with the T2 you have to configure the controller to communicate over USB in the playstations menu:
On PlayStation 4, enable wired communication:
Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.
Configure the Output Protocol of the Titan Two to USB Automatic or USB PlayStation 4.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby awaxnova » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:16 pm

I've connected ds4 to t2 while the ps4 was off, after deleting it from Bluetooth ps4.
It cannot control the loaded program selection while f2f is connected to the pc prog port.

Then I connected t2 to ps4 usb, and turned on the ds4 which keeps its light bar in sync with the t2 light, when I change programs.
The t2 doesn't do anything when I hold l1or r1 and tap the ps button.
I expected it to change programs while connected to ps4 output port.

What else can I try in order to get BT working with DS4?
It seems like the t2 can command the ds4 light, but doesn't respond to ds4
over bt.

(Note, it mostly works in wired, non bt mode, but t2 keeps powering on/off while trying to play).
awaxnova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby awaxnova » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Oh, I just noticed that the device monitor lists the ds4 t2 Bluetooth A input and usb output as "Auth pass through".
This is the falling case.

In the fully wired case, they're listed as "full passthrough".
This is the passing case.

Is that enough of a clue to get to the bottom of this?
awaxnova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:47 am

awaxnova wrote:Oh, I just noticed that the device monitor lists the ds4 t2 Bluetooth A input and usb output as "Auth pass through".

ds4_bt_devicemonitor.png
ds4_bt_devicemonitor.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 2120 times

Mine does that too, that seems to be normal as I can use my ds4 in this mode without any problems.
And I can use hold l1 + press PS button to cycle through the slots with scripts in them.

Have you checked that the "Output Protocol" is set to USB automatic or USB PS4 (I use USB PS4).

Do you have anything else connected to the T2 ?
"T2 keeps powering on/off while trying to play" sound like a power/script/usb cable issue.
I can play wired and wireless fine with just the DS4 connected to the T2 without a power supply.
You may try to disable "rumbles" in the GTuner IV device configuration on all the ports just to check if this stops the disconnection issue.

Make sure that you are on the latest firmware [tools->check for updates] and click "Configure" in the Micro-SD card section of the device configuration of GTuner IV to load the latest driver/hid files onto your sd-card.
Powercycle the T2 once after the configure of the sd-card.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby awaxnova » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Ok, good to know that our device monitor screens look the same. I still have the bt problem where the controller stuns to the light on the t2, but the controller cannot control the t2.

I've tried both output protocols that handle ps4.

T2 powers off with my wired setup, ps4, output port, t2, usb b, ds4 (with or without a dc supply to t2)... Only when I configure my audio to the usb Headset on the ps4. If I leave the audio device as the controller (which gives no sound i/o ) then the wired t2 functions. The moment I configure the audio to my wired plantronics rig, the t2 gets reset.
FFB is disabled across the board.

I am on the latest firmware.
awaxnova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Titan Two Device