compatible powered usb hub

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

compatible powered usb hub

Postby godhacks » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:00 pm

What are the requirements for a usb hub that I can connect my keyboard and mouse to?

I've tried a powered USB 3.0 hub from monoprice that I already had but the T2 doesn't see any device I plug into it. I verified the hub itself works on my laptop.
godhacks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: compatible powered usb hub

Postby Scachi » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:11 pm

The T2 doesn't support USB Hubs. J2kbr mentioned somewhere that he is considering adding usb hub support, but there is no definitive yes or no or timeline yet.

Some are using a powered usb hub via the prog connection of the T2 to supply more power for the devices directly connected to the T2.
I prefer to use a power supply as USB tech specs define something about max 500mA for usb connections:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Power

//edit wrong section..we are at "TItan One Device"
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: compatible powered usb hub

Postby godhacks » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:48 pm

My bad on posting this in the T1 forum, miss-clicked I suppose.

As far as a power supply, it wasn't really power I had an issue with, it's that I wanted the controller, keyboard and mouse connected while still being able to use the prog connection for debugging. The interface for the game I'm playing doesn't always do well with keyboard and mouse only so the controller has to be connected for certain things.

I guess that's not really going to be possible though as I'll have to use the prog with an adapter to connect the keyboard.
godhacks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Titan One Device