Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Documentation, usage tips and configuration guides for Titan Two scripts and bytecodes published by the community users.

Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:36 am

Supports all Call of Duty games - now optimised for Black Ops 4!

SLIDE BABY, SLIDE!

I have been putting a lot of thought into how to enhance BO4. In BO3 you were able to boost jump away from a fight, but not so in BO4, which means the gameplay in BO4 is heavily centred around sliding, so my script features a number of sliding related enhancements:

Easy Slide: I found it annoying to have to hold the Crouch button in order to initiate a slide, so I have changed it to be a quick tap instead and it feels so much better.

Stick Sliding: while you are still in mid-air from a jump, let go of the left stick then push it forward again to initiate a slide. This is not only more intuitive, but it also allows you to slide without ever having to take your thumb off the stick.

Natural Slide Cancelling: pull back on the left stick to cancel out of a slide.

Auto Sliding: for keyboard users, this allows you to initiate a slide even if you aren't moving. You can also initiate a slide while you are strafing, which is not possible in the original game. Credit to Mr. Brown for the idea.

General Sliding Enhancements: I noticed that when you are moving forward, if you are strafing just a little to the left or right at the same time (so W+A or W+D for keyboard users) you are unable to initiate a slide. The game is designed to prevent you from sliding unless your stick is pegged 100% in the forward direction. This has gotten me killed a number of times because I was unable to slide away from a gun fight while circle strafing. I have now fixed this.

OTHER FEATURES:

Rapid fire: toggle between Primary and Secondary firing modes by double tapping and then holding the Reload button. Rapid Fire is enabled in Secondary Mode. Primary mode is denoted with a "P." on the LCD screen, and Secondary mode is denoted with an "S."
    Enhanced Auto Reload Cancelling: Automatically trigger a reload cancel if you ADS, shoot, or sprint. This is useful for when you see an enemy while you are reloading and need to quickly cancel out of it.
    Antithesis' anti-recoil.
    Easy Sprint: including support for reloading and toggle walking.
    Hair-trigger aiming and shooting.
    Grenade overcook protection.
    Enhanced Auto Sprint.
    Reload Toggling: activate perks, repair armour, and revive team mates without having to hold down the Reload button.

GETTING STARTED:

Rapid Fire:

Double tap and then hold the Reload button to enable Rapid Fire mode.

Tip: Primary mode is denoted with a P. on the LCD screen, and Secondary mode is denoted with an S.

Black Ops 4 General Gameplay Advice:

To cancel out of a slide, press the Crouch button a second time. The last 1/3 of a slide is actually very slow so you will rarely want to let the whole animation play out. A common way to cancel out of a slide is to jump, but this is actually not as fast as just pressing crouch a second time.

Black Ops 4 Game Settings:

1) Ensure the setting Sprint Cancels Reload is disabled in your game options. This is buggy and Treyarch have yet to acknowledge it.

2) Ensure the setting Auto Sprint is disabled in your game options. This will conflict with my Easy Sprint code, and regardless, mine is easier to use anyway since it is more intuitive overall and I only require a single tap of the Sprint button instead of two in order to activate it (as long as Easy Sprint is turned on).

Blackout Options:

1) Initiate Auto Sprint by tapping the Sprint button while moving forward, you can then let go of the stick. Cancel out of this by moving the left stick in any direction.

2) Toggle between walk and sprint modes by tapping the Sprint button (not applicable if Easy Sprint is turned off).

3) If you have Easy Slide enabled, pressing the Crouch button while moving forward will initiate an Easy Slide instead of a regular crouch. To perform a regular crouch, make sure you are completely stationary before pressing the Crouch button.

4) To keep the Reload button held down automatically (for activating equipment), tap the Jump button while holding the Reload button, and you can then let go of the Reload button.

5) Activate perks, repair armour, and revive team mates without having to hold down the Reload button. To use the Reload Toggle feature, tap the Jump button while holding the Reload button to activate perks, tap it twice to repair armour, and tap it three times to revive a team mate.

Tip: Hold the Sprint button for about 10 seconds to toggle between Multiplayer (green) and Blackout (purple) modes. This allows you to create one profile for the two modes, saving you a slot on your Titan Two.

ADVANCED FEATURES FOR XIM USERS:

If you are using a keyboard as opposed to a Nav or Joy-Con, you will need to perform the following dual mappings to get the most out of my script. Learn more about dual mapping in the following links:
https://i.imgur.com/q2N00lT.png
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=70621.msg731419#msg731419

1) Dual map Reload and Swap to create a dedicated one-tap rapid fire toggle button.

2) Dual map Crouch and Home (PS / Xbox button) to create a dedicated PC style instant prone button.

3) Dual map Swap and Sprint to create a dedicated one-tap scorestreak button (designed for Black Ops 4).

4) Dual map Melee and Jump to create a dedicated one-tap item tagging button (designed for Blackout).

5) Dual map Stim and Left (Dpad) to create a dedicated stim toggle button (designed for Blackout).

6) Dual map Options and Scoreboard to create an alternative crouch button, designed for use while sprinting. The standard crouch initiates a slide, whereas this new one initiates a regular crouch (which is ordinarily not possible while you are sprinting - designed for Black Ops 3, Black Ops 4 and Infinite Warfare).
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Call of Duty - QoL (Quality of Life) Pack

Postby UK_Wildcats » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:15 pm

A suggestion is auto stim shot, which I am using my BO4 script. See below. I tried with with a delay after event_active but this often created problems in the middle of gun fights. Event_release works much better but can still cause problems. I just use it to help when I forget about using the stim shot since it is a new feature.

Code: Select all
  //Auto Stim Shot
  if(event_release(SHOOT) && AutoStimON) {combo_run(AutoStim);}
  if(get_val(SHOOT) && AutoStimON) {combo_stop(AutoStim);}

combo AutoStim {
    wait(AutoStimDelay);
    set_val(TACTICAL, 100);
    wait(30);
}

For advanced movement games (i.e. AW, BO3, IW), I also use my long jump combo to help without have to press the jump button repeatedly. The long jump wait time is different for each of the games but are typically between 80-125 mS.
Code: Select all
  // Long Jump
  if(get_val(JUMP) && LongJumpON & !get_val(SHOOT)) {combo_run(LongJump);}
    else if(LongJump) {combo_stop(LongJump);}

combo LongJump {     
   set_val(JUMP,100);//1 
   wait(LongJumpWait);                 
   set_val(JUMP,  0);     
   wait(LongJumpWait);                           
}   

UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:01 am

I'll definitely try out the long jump, I was curious about whether that added much to the game.

The auto-stim however, yes I saw that in your script description and was wondering how well it really worked. Does using a stim-shot block the sprint animation? If so what if you want to get back under cover? Can the stim-shot animation be broken out of (like reload)? If so what if you need to engage in another fire fight directly after? How does it work with semi autos or if you are tap firing? I have so many questions, I'll give it a shot during the Blackout beta!
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:24 pm

I did not get a lot of chances to test it out. I usually like to do that in private matches. Here is what I do know from the beta.

How it reacts depends on if you equipped stim shot. If you equipped it, you can use stim shot while you are shooting (hip fire) - i.e. similar gung ho.

If the stim shot is not fully charged, pressing the stim shot button does nothing. If you use it one time in a gun fight and then re-engage in a gun fight, it will only have animation for the original time since it won't be charged for the re-engagement.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Oh yes of course I forgot the stim shot allows you to shoot from the hip!

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:57 am

I have made a TON of updates during the Blackout beta. Auto Sprint took a bit more refinement than I was expecting but it works well now.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:55 pm

What were the issues getting auto sprint refined?
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:00 am

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:What were the issues getting auto sprint refined?

Good question, getting it to work is easy, getting it to function perfectly took some more work. The problem has to do with using the Sprint button. Because I use Easy Sprint, that means the Sprint button is literally not being used, so it was the obvious candidate for activating Auto Sprint. Now the issue with this is I also use the Sprint button to toggle walk mode as well - it also makes a ton of sense to use the Sprint button here too. I never needed a toggle walk before but I felt this was necessary for Blackout because of how important sneaking around is. Therefore, the fundamental problem is I'm using the same button for two functions - Auto Sprint and Toggle Walk. So these are the scenarios I had to code for:

1) While sprinting, tap Sprint: outcome = Auto Sprint enabled (FULL SPRINT) -- the trick here is to prevent this from toggling to a walk as it is using the same button!

2) While walking, tap Sprint: outcome = Auto Sprint enabled (WALKING) -- the trick here is to prevent this from toggling to a sprint as it is using the same button!

3) While in Auto Sprint (FULL SPRINT), tap Sprint again: outcome = player should now be walking, Auto Sprint is maintained

4) While in Auto Sprint (WALKING), tap Sprint again: outcome = player should now be sprinting, Auto Sprint is maintained

5 / 6) Scenarios 3 and 4 should also work with or without the analogue stick pegged forward.

7) If you're trying to do any of the above while you have the Map opened, it will cause issues because the Sprint button is being used to reset your cursor. So you need to suppress all of the above when the Map is open.

So that's 7 scenarios I had to code for. It feels great now but it took a lot more work than I was expecting to get here! It also gets even more complicated due to my Easy Slide feature, but I won't go into that because I could be here all day. Suffice to say it's taken me days of play testing and refinement!

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:41 am

Now, I understand. It always gets complicated with multifunction buttons
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:25 am

Yup for sure! Any time you double up on a button it can create a world of hurt. But in this case it made sense - I couldn't think of a better button to use for these two options. The Sprint button was simultaneously logical, as well as unused, so it was not at risk of creating false positives.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next

Return to User's Script Documentation