Logitech G29+Handbrake

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Logitech G29+Handbrake

Postby glenntidbury » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:54 am

I haven't actually tested it that way round yet, since I own an actual g29, so I've no use in emulating it. I'm more interested in getting the g29+pedals+gear stick working awesome for any game, emulated as a ds4.

The way round you're asking about though, using another wheel and having the PS4 recognise it as a g29, should, in theory, be as simple as setting the output protocol as PS4 wheel, and then maybe running an input translator so that your actual wheel corresponds to the g29 output correctly.

I don't have any other wheel to test with, but I'll try taking a look later by setting up any other controller as a g29 wheel.

To help things along though, can you let people know what wheel you're trying to use, and what game you're trying to play with it, and then describe what problems you're having...i.e. is turning your wheel not recognised at all in the gtuner device monitor? Or are there some buttons mapped wrong or whatever, you know?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Kimsen » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:12 pm

I think you have misunderstood what I am trying to do. What I want is to use a homemade handreake together with the g29. The handbreake is made out of a keyboard. The handbreake is connected to key S on the keyboard, which means that every time I hit the handbreake, I write the letter s untill I release the handbreake.
What I want is to connect this to the G29, so the ps4 thinks I am hitting the square button on the G29, when I pull the handreake.
Can you help me with this?
Kimsen
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:41 pm

You need to create an Input Translator for this and
map the key S -> Square button (BUTTON_17).
GTuner IV-> File ->New -> New Input Translator

See screenshot:
handbrake.png
handbrake.png (20.59 KiB) Viewed 1283 times

Then drag that Input Translator File onto a slot on the T2 and select that slot for playing.
The handbrake has to be connected to the T2 (or to your PC using the KMG Capture then).
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Kimsen » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:48 pm

I did what you said, and the handbreake works now! But nothing else :)
In the setting in gtuner I sat output as logitech steering wheel. Then I plugged in the steeringwheel in port A. Dualshock 4 in port B, and the handbreake in the program slot with an OTG adapter.
When i play Assetto Corsa, the handbreake works, but the steering wheel does not. The buttons on the G29 works, but the pedals, steering and H shifter does not.
Kimsen
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Kimsen wrote:I did what you said, and the handbreake works now! But nothing else :)
In the setting in gtuner I sat output as logitech steering wheel. Then I plugged in the steeringwheel in port A. Dualshock 4 in port B, and the handbreake in the program slot with an OTG adapter.
When i play Assetto Corsa, the handbreake works, but the steering wheel does not. The buttons on the G29 works, but the pedals, steering and H shifter does not.

I am sorry, I have no experience with the logitech steering wheel protocol, so you may have to wait for J2kbr for some help with this to get everything working together.

Does the wheel work correctly without the input translator added to the slot ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby glenntidbury » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Try setting the g29 to PS3 mode on the actual unit. I've noted to Jefferson in another thread that the wheel and pedals and gears don't seem to function in PS4 mode..... Although, as I said, this was testing the unit being emulated to a ds4....I haven't still treated the g29 output protocol, but maybe it has the same issue?

On the top of the wheel there's a little switch, switch it from PS4 to PS3 mode and see what happens.
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Kimsen » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:25 pm

I tried putting it in PS3 mode, but it did not help.
Kimsen
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby glenntidbury » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:57 am

Does the wheel work in other games using the same setup? Does it work without the custom handbrake patched in?

How does the wheel respond in the device monitor of gtuner?
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Please check if your Gtuner if updated, also the Titan Two firmware. After that make sure to have an sd-card inserted on the device. Go to the "Device Configuration" panel and click on the button called "Configure". This will copy to the sd-card many files, including the ones related with the wheel. Only after this process plug the G29 to the Device's Input-A.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Kimsen » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Thank you. I will try that!
Kimsen
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Previous

Return to Titan Two Device