having problems with titan two

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

having problems with titan two

Postby UFO » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:58 pm

ok so i plug one end of the titan two in the computer (prog) and other end into the computer i install all updates etc with titan two software and i see it connects and disconnects over and over again not sure i see it reconises the device up in top right ive tried 3 different cable and i get the same issue not sure what to do

thanks.
UFO
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: having problems with titan two

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:59 pm

This seems to be power related issue. The Titan Two can be powered from 3 different sources:

(1) the external power supply;
(2) the OUTPUT micro-USB; and
(3) the PROG micro-USB.

The external power supply have the highest priority, so if it is connected the other two are disabled. When OUTPUT and PROG are connected at the same time, the Titan Two automatically selects the one with more voltage to use as power input. In this scenario, when the total current consumption is close or over to the maximum 500mA, can cause loop switch between the OUTPUT and PROG power inputs, which ends with device reset and/or controller disconnections. This issue was detected very early on the beta period. In this situation there are two solution, (1) use external power supply, or (2) use the "Data Link Adapter". The Data Link Adapter is used on the USB cable and forces the Titan Two to not use that cable for power input, just for data transmission.

Another approach you can try is use the cable provided with the Titan Two to connect the device to the console (this cable have ticker power lines and short length) and a long cable to plug the PROG port to the computer.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner IV Support