Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Wireless Support for Xbox One Controllers

Postby EmperorRosko » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:16 am

@J2Kbr

Maybe this could help investigations, maybe not.

I decided to move all my PS4 Pro and stuff onto my PC desk in another room in the house so I could play wired to the Titan Two.

After the move, I have Astro A50 headset plugged into 1x Front USB, and 1x External HDD into the other front USB. And this time, I put the Titan Two on the rear USB port of the PS4 Pro. NO DISCONNECTS.

Over the last 3 nights, I've played wireless with the old adapter, Xbox One Elite controller and fresh batteries and no issues??

Have no idea why this may have helped.

Could it be that the front ports on all PS4 model utilise a "Hub Style", and the rear port on the PS4 Pro is direct to the motherboard using a separate USB Host Controller maybe?
EmperorRosko
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby EmperorRosko » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:24 am

Well scrap that last post from me, I got another disconnect last night.

I've played no problems at all for the last 4 nights or so. Then last night a put the Official Xbox One Play and Charge kit in my Elite Controller, played for around 4 hours, then got a disconnect. Pulled the battery, reconnected and played for a further 30 mind before going to bed!

Is this connected to what batteries we use??

Driving me mad :/
EmperorRosko
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby f00lio » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:07 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
EmperorRosko wrote:I can only assume its related to rumbles/vibration as it happens to me playing R6 Siege.

To confirm that, please disable the FFB (rumble) to the port you have the Wireless Adapter plugged. With the Titan Two connected to the computer, open Gtuner IV and go to "Device Configuration" panel. There locate the sub-section called "Allow FFB on Ports" and uncheck the one you have the adapter (for example, if the Adapter is on Input-A, uncheck USB-A). Please keep us updated on the results. Thanks.

I know you didn't specifically ask me to do this, but I was also having disconnect issues so I gave it a try for the past week+ and haven't had any issues since doing so. Even leaving FFB enabled on the port and disabling it within the game itself seems to resolve it.

Do you think there will be a way to fix this issue so that FFB can be used? I'm happy to help with any testing if so.
f00lio
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Thank you f00lio, I am actively investigating this issue. As you may know, the Wireless Adapter uses Wifi instead of Bluetooth and, differently from Bluetooth, all low level aspects of the connection must be handled by software (ie Titan Two). Wifi works in several sub-channels (band frequency) and, it seems, the communication channel can change dynamically. Here is where, I believe, the issue lies.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby f00lio » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:04 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you f00lio, I am actively investigating this issue. As you may know, the Wireless Adapter uses Wifi instead of Bluetooth and, differently from Bluetooth, all low level aspects of the connection must be handled by software (ie Titan Two). Wifi works in several sub-channels (band frequency) and, it seems, the communication channel can change dynamically. Here is where, I believe, the issue lies.

That makes sense to me. You may not remember as you are constantly dealing with all of us, but when I originally posted about this issue a while ago I mentioned WiFi interference specifically and that putting my router's 5GHz control channel outside of the range that I believe the adapter prefers helped tremendously (though obviously didn't fully resolve it). That would help to explain why I've had fewer issues than some.

Is it possible that FFB press more demand on the connection which may in turn make the connection more prone to disruption and that the T2 isn't handling the recovery of the connection all that well?
f00lio
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:52 am

f00lio wrote:Is it possible that FFB press more demand on the connection which may in turn make the connection more prone to disruption and that the T2 isn't handling the recovery of the connection all that well?

You are correct, the Titan Two does not have implemented functions to change the wifi channel dynamically. Please note the Wireless Adapter protocol is not documented and requires from me do reverse engineering to understand how it works, unfortunately this is a tedious and, most of the time, a trial-an-error process.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby EmperorRosko » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Just an update to confirm that I have been using the Titan Two with an Xbox Elite Controller via the older adapter without issues for over a week (about 40 hours of gameplay) and no disconnects or any issues after disabling FFB on port A.

TBH, I'm happy with that, FFB is a luxury, would be cool if it was fixed, but for me, I play competitively on FPS games and vibration is a distraction. Feels pretty nice without the FFB in my opinion.

Just thought I'd drop this message to let you know.
EmperorRosko
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Thank you for your feedback EmperorRosko.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Omy77 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:20 am

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you for your feedback EmperorRosko.

So Im still having the same disconnect issue. I don't have anything new to report and was wondering if we could get an update on how things are going. I know that the rumble is causing the issue and would like to keep rumble on. Any ideas when we might see a fix?
Omy77
Corporal
Corporal

Postby nycz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:19 am

Hey all, haven't played in 2 months or so. Is there any update on having sound work on headphones while playing wireless? If not, what is a reasonable time to expect a fix on this? Thanks
nycz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Titan Two Device