How long can a macro be recorded

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

How long can a macro be recorded

Postby Knowledge » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:18 pm

I wanna buy the titan 2 but before I do I wanna make sure it does what I want. I wanna be able to record a macro of me doing stuff and make it a loop like walking forward pressing A and doing it multiple times probably like a 2 to 3 min long process is this possible with this device. I know on the titan one I couldnt do it the byte code was not long enough thanks.
Knowledge
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: How long can a macro be recorded

Postby Sillyasskid » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:20 am

Knowledge wrote:I wanna buy the titan 2 but before I do I wanna make sure it does what I want. I wanna be able to record a macro of me doing stuff and make it a loop like walking forward pressing A and doing it multiple times probably like a 2 to 3 min long process is this possible with this device. I know on the titan one I couldnt do it the byte code was not long enough thanks.

Up to 24 says.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:00 pm

+1 ... more precisely: Binary macros can have up to 24 days, 20 hours, 31 minutes, 23 seconds and 650 milliseconds.

Regular GPC combos can have to up to 255 states (a state is defined be the wait() statement). However, is possible to chain multiple combos with the call() function, so the maximum length is actually limited by the 8Kb bytecode size.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Knowledge » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:22 pm

So you say 24 days. But I think the combo Max's out at 4096 bytes is this different on the titan 2 I think it only had 8000 something so it wouldn't be much more.
Knowledge
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 pm

The GPC2 compiler has better optimizations than previous generation compilers. In practice the 8192 bytecode size can fit over 4 times more code than the previous devices. And you still have the option of binary macros which, as said above, can have over 24 days length for single file, so you can still use multiple files to extend that.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Knowledge » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:08 pm

Ok so when I get the titan 2 and do a combo record it will work if it's a 2min process thanks guys
Knowledge
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Knowledge wrote:Ok so when I get the titan 2 and do a combo record it will work if it's a 2min process thanks guys

yes. :smile0517: just keep in mind that, depending on the complexity, you may need use binary macros for this purpose.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Knowledge » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Ok so when I record the long macro is there a option for recording in binary macro then I can set it to a loop because the last one I recorded was like 80,000 and your only aloud 8192 bytes but with binary it will work
Knowledge
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Knowledge wrote:Ok so when I record the long macro is there a option for recording in binary macro then I can set it to a loop because the last one I recorded was like 80,000 and your only aloud 8192 bytes but with binary it will work

You can record using Gtuner IV. In the device monitor panel you can find a button named "REC" for this purpose. Alternatively you can also record via script with macro_rec():

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... :macro_rec
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Scachi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:56 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Knowledge wrote:Ok so when I record the long macro is there a option for recording in binary macro then I can set it to a loop because the last one I recorded was like 80,000 and your only aloud 8192 bytes but with binary it will work

You can record using Gtuner IV. In the device monitor panel you can find a button named "REC" for this purpose. Alternatively you can also record via script with macro_rec():

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... :macro_rec

There is a script for it available at the online resource for recording and playback macros without having to use GTuner IV, it requires a sd-card.
Search for "macrorecplay" in the Online Resource in GTuner IV.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next

Return to Titan Two Device