Mouse Controller Inconsistencies

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Mouse Controller Inconsistencies

Postby sevo88k » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anybody has any ideas on the issues I'm experiencing. I've played around with settings for a while now to no avail. I've also performed the mouse acceleration fixes. I've tried everything in the stickies and can't seem to find much in the way of Google either!

In game, I'm experiencing a noticeable difference in acceleration between moving the mouse to the right and to the left. Using points of reference in game (Fortnite), and moving the mouse at the same speed and same physical distance to the left and right, the cross hair never lands in the same location. Weirdly, this also happens when doing a circle test. Instead of rotating around a single point in-game it rotates down and to the left, despite any config changes I make. I've tested multiple mice and the issues persist and obviously this can throw my aim off a fair bit.

I also experience the zig-zagging effect slightly, but through tweaking the MaxAIM settings I seem to have that fairly unnoticeable now.

I've checked the mouse movement recorder that's in a link on a sticky post and I've observed the following:

If I move the mouse slowly:
https://imgur.com/a/AWh2OpJ

If I move the mouse quickly:
https://imgur.com/a/BrjCj1I

Below is my current MaxAIM configuration, I've played about this a great deal and this seems to be as good as I can get it. Are there any glaring errors?
https://imgur.com/a/zefLcFG

I'm not sure where to start with troubleshooting this issue. I don't think it's a hardware or Windows fault because the circle test is pulling to the down and left but I'm happy to be corrected!

Just in case, the main mouse I use is this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mouse%E3%80...essional+Wired

I am looking to upgrade the mouse anyway but my gut feeling is that isn't the issue (tested with a generic Microsoft wireless mouse also).

If I need to supply any more information to help with troubleshooting let me know!

Thanks in advance!
sevo88k
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Mouse Controller Inconsistencies

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:33 am

Related with the registered polling rates, please note the MaxAim DI only receive mouse events when there is some change (i.e button press or mouse movement). Therefore is expected low generation of status reports when moving the mouse slowly and higher when moving faster.

As for the Fortnite, please try this mouse settings (PS4) to check if you can notice improvements in the aiming:
Fortnite PS4 MaxAim DI.png
Fortnite PS4 MaxAim DI.png (22.93 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby sevo88k » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 pm

Sorry for the delay getting back to you!

I've played around with the settings you supplied, unfortunately the issue still persists.

Currently, I'm using these settings:

https://imgur.com/a/g6kML2S

Using these are slightly better than that in the OP, however the issue still persists.

The issue is really evident when using the Circle Test with any radius/speed settings. The crosshairs in game literally pull down and to the left. I can try and film it if that would be easier? It is correctly performing a circle motion in game, but the cross hairs gradually move more down and to the left, instead of staying in the location I manually set. Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks again for your help so far.
sevo88k
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Please let me know on which system (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) you are playing Fortnite.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby sevo88k » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 am

Playstation 4.

Thanks again.
sevo88k
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:15 am

Thank you. The settings I posted above are based on the Titan Two Input Translator. I will be testing using MaxAim to check if I can improve.

Side note: I see you have the Diagonal Dampening set to 0.0, try use 0.14 to check if you get better linear response from the mouse movement.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby sevo88k » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:42 pm

So the diagonal dampening seems to have removed the pulling downwards. Only tested briefly so I'll keep testing and make sure. It's still pulling to the left though.

Thanks!
sevo88k
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby sevo88k » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi J2Kbr,

Have you had any luck with the mouse settings?

Thanks again
sevo88k
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 am

Sorry, I didn't have time to check/test yet. I will try during this weekend.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby sevo88k » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi mate,

Any luck with testing yet?

Thanks
sevo88k
Sergeant
Sergeant