Joycon emulation?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Joycon emulation?

Postby bgboey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Hey there,

I've been looking to play Nintendo Switch games over Parsec and these devices seem to be the way to go but first I've got some questions regarding joycon support.

I'm wondering if it's possible to connect, say, a PS4 controller to the Switch using the Titan Two and have it emulate the joycons. If so, does it emulate both joycons or just one and how well do the motion controls work (I assume you would have to map pre-defined movements to buttons using a script)?

One of the games I'd be especially looking forward to is Pokemon Let's Go, which is exclusively controlled with the joycons, so if this idea isn't feasible I'd probably go with the Titan One instead as I'm not too interested in being able to use the joycons for other consoles.

Thank you for your time :)
bgboey
Private
Private

Re: Joycon emulation?

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:43 am

Thank you for your interest on the Titan devices.

bgboey wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to connect, say, a PS4 controller to the Switch using the Titan Two and have it emulate the joycons. If so, does it emulate both joycons or just one and how well do the motion controls work (I assume you would have to map pre-defined movements to buttons using a script)?

The protocol emulation is of a Switch Pro controller (not the joycon). All controller features are supported, including HD rumble and motion sensors.

The joycons are supported by the Titan Two as input controllers (both left and right can be used simultaneously).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:21 am

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you for your interest on the Titan devices.

bgboey wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to connect, say, a PS4 controller to the Switch using the Titan Two and have it emulate the joycons. If so, does it emulate both joycons or just one and how well do the motion controls work (I assume you would have to map pre-defined movements to buttons using a script)?

The protocol emulation is of a Switch Pro controller (not the joycon). All controller features are supported, including HD rumble and motion sensors.

The joycons are supported by the Titan Two as input controllers (both left and right can be used simultaneously).

Is Joy-Con support still on the roadmap for the T1? Because I'd like to make a script for the OP because this is exactly what I'm looking for as well (getting rid of motion controls and mapping it to a button press), but I don't want to have to disconnect my T2 from my PS4 every time I want to play on my Switch.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:34 am

pablosscripts wrote:Is Joy-Con support still on the roadmap for the T1?

Yes, I will try get this done for the next Titan One firmware release. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:39 am

J2Kbr wrote:
pablosscripts wrote:Is Joy-Con support still on the roadmap for the T1?

Yes, I will try get this done for the next Titan One firmware release. :smile0517:

Awesome thank you!
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Aruzati » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:06 pm

I would also like to use Titan Two to emulate Joy-con controllers. Some games like Pokemon Lets Go only allow you to use basic Joy-con controllers. Will there be a chance to create a new emulation protocol in the future that will be able to use a bluetooth connection or a cable connection?
Aruzati
Private
Private

Postby lordzombies » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:34 pm

sorry to bump an old post, but am i able to emulate a joycon from the titan 1 now? or is it only the titan 2?
lordzombies
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 am

Joycon emulation is not available yet (for both titan devices). The connection with Nintendo Switch is provided by emulating a Switch Pro controller.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:01 am

Is it even technically possible?

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:18 pm

pablosscripts wrote:Is it even technically possible?

I am not entirely sure, but it may be possible emulate both joycons with the Titan Two. :smile0517: Need perform some testing to be 100% sure about this. In any case, the emulation will only be good if for both joycons right? If only one can be emulated I believe there is no point, correct?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan Two Device