Headset Sound Stopped after Latest Firmware Update

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Headset Sound Stopped after Latest Firmware Update

Postby jelly44 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 am

Hi all,

Just a heads-up - the sound stopped after the last firmware update.

2019-03-16, Ver 1.00RC-5

I'm using the T2 in full passthru mode.

T2 connected to PS4, wired cables to controller and wired headset to controller.

- the controller sometimes also gets disconnected after i plug the headset
- My recommendation for learning C programming: 'C Programming Absolute Beginner's Guide'
- Create your own scripts with GPC2 Scripting
jelly44
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Headset Sound Stopped after Latest Firmware Update

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:16 pm

As explained here: viewtopic.php?p=81657#p81657
In the version 0.98B-80 (2019-03-05) the firmware compiling optimization was changed from -Os (optimized for size) to -O2 (optimized for speed). Yesterday, after some debugging, was verified the main processor was accessing the data bus with the USB controller too fast (due the optimization change) which can potentially cause corruption on the data transfer. The data bus access timing were adjusted on the firmware released yesterday.

With firmware update 1.00RC-6 (just released), the access timing also was adjusted for the USB controller registers, fixing the described issue. Thank you for reporting.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Headset Sound Stopped after Latest Firmware Update

Postby jelly44 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:27 pm

J2Kbr wrote:As explained here: viewtopic.php?p=81657#p81657
In the version 0.98B-80 (2019-03-05) the firmware compiling optimization was changed from -Os (optimized for size) to -O2 (optimized for speed). Yesterday, after some debugging, was verified the main processor was accessing the data bus with the USB controller too fast (due the optimization change) which can potentially cause corruption on the data transfer. The data bus access timing were adjusted on the firmware released yesterday.

With firmware update 1.00RC-6 (just released), the access timing also was adjusted for the USB controller registers, fixing the described issue. Thank you for reporting.

:smile0517:
- My recommendation for learning C programming: 'C Programming Absolute Beginner's Guide'
- Create your own scripts with GPC2 Scripting
jelly44

Return to Titan Two Device