T2 using T.16000M FCS on PS4 with Hotas4

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

T2 using T.16000M FCS on PS4 with Hotas4

Postby Legion » Sun May 12, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi all

I’m new to the forums and to this style modding
I did a search before posting
My question is: is it possible to use the T2 to make my PS4 pro think my T.16000m fcs is the hotas 4? (I have both sticks)
I know it might seem redundant but the T.16000 is a way better stick (my hotas4 has yaw and pitch problems that are permanent and it’s beyond Best Buy’s warranty) I’d much rather use it than hotas 4

Is there a way to figure out the descriptors for the throttle and the left right thrust rockers since they do not have button names AFAIK?

I’m using it for Elite Dangerous if that helps with clarity

Thanks in advance for your time schooling a noobster
Legion
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: T2 using T.16000M FCS on PS4 with Hotas4

Postby glenntidbury » Mon May 13, 2019 7:00 pm

There's no hotas4 output protocol yet.

So you can use the 16000 as a ds4, but not as hotas4.
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Legion » Mon May 13, 2019 7:10 pm

Thanks for the reply
Is this something we can change?
Or is output protocol something that only the guy who makes these handles?
Legion
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby glenntidbury » Mon May 13, 2019 7:35 pm

It's something that will need to be added by J2kbr.
glenntidbury
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Capt moore » Wed May 15, 2019 6:36 pm

Legion wrote:Thanks for the reply
Is this something we can change?
Or is output protocol something that only the guy who makes these handles?

There is a contingent of users (myself included) who would love to have this spoof the hotas modes for Xbox one& ps4 (and other systems.)

I have played with this for awhile, so far here is how I have discovered.

I used a hotas one & rudder petal setup (in pc mode) to convert to a game pad setup on the Xbox one. Using this, I have a preset to allow blazing angels 1 Xbox one flightstick support. (Also works using x360.). I was able to add a “ engine starter” button as well to the game.

I was able to get blazing angels 2 hotas support working on the Xbox 360 using game pad mode. (Should also work on the Xbox one if it is ever made backwards compatible.)

I have been able to get hawx 2 to work with the hotas on the Xbox360. The odd thing here is that the game allows you to select a flight stick control scheme, even if you are using a game pad. Too bad most games don’t allow this.

I have been able to plug in a real Xbox 360 flightstick, and the device both authenticates & recognizes the titan two as a flightstick. (I have no idea how the Xbox 360 console determines is a controller is a flightstick or game pad.). This allows some Xbox 360 games that “auto switch” control schemes to a hotas setup to be compatible with pc hotas controls. (Ace combat 6, Hawx 1). Of course, this is really one useful if you have a broken flight controller, or want to substitute a better quality pc hotas controller.

I was able to use method this for “real rudder” support, allowing thrustmaster rudder pedals instead of twist stick/rudder bar yaw control. Basically, I just convert and replace the input from the twist rudder or rudder bar with the input from the usb rudder pedals. Since I hate twist/rudder bars (I am a real world pilot) it’s a big improvement for me.

Unfortunately, although it appears to authenticate, the hotas one (in Xbox mode) does not work on the Xbox one using the titan 2. It must use a tweaked usb output or something that the titan 2 is not understanding or formatting wrong. I hope that because this is authenticating already, it will be a simple fix to the titan two to output correctly, but who knows for sure.

I have asked for Xbox hotas protocol to be added on these forums, but I guess it is a very low priority at this time (and would probably require console tuner to purchase the official Xbox hotas to figure out the protocol changes.)

I don’t have a ps3/ps4, so I haven’t been able to figure out if the titan two can either add flightstick or real rudder support to other games. I assume converting a gamepad to hotas controls will work, but I have no idea if ps3/ps4 will authenticate ps3/4 hotas controllers to allow scripts or controller substitutions to be run.

(I would imagine a pc hotas being used on ps3 ace combat games would be a big improvement as well.)
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Legion » Fri May 17, 2019 2:55 pm

I’m on PS4 for clarity
I wonder if it’s possible to set up a “capture” style software for the titan
Where any controllers input could be logged and then a protocol implemented to dupe input?
Or if not directly implemented it could be sent back to j2kbr
If so maybe that might lighten his load?
I know I’m spitballing
But hopefully he sees this and maybe it helps
If not no worries I’ll be buying his product either way
But it would be cool to be able to spoof the Hoyas 4 to make keybinding a lil easier on PS4
Legion
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sat May 18, 2019 3:02 pm

With the latest Gtuner VI and Titan Two firmware is possible to capture all USB device enumeration and the first 2 seconds of the USB device communication with the console (assuming the USB device is supported by the console in use).

For that proceed as the following:

1) Unplug all controllers from the Titan Two;
2) Connect the output to the console;
3) Connect the Prog port to your computer;
4) Open Gtuner IV and go to top menu Tools -> "Fetch Descriptors ...";
5) Plug the USB device to any port at the front of the Titan Two;
6) Wait couple seconds for this window be update with the captured data;
7) Click on the button "Copy Descriptors" and send to me.

Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Legion » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:04 am

Will do
Will be purchasing T2 kit soon
Legion
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby STEMALO » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:08 pm

ConsoleTuner could purchase a HOTAS and return it. I know, not ethical but still an option as it is allowed in certain big store...AMAZON, BEST BUY where you have 15-30 days return.
Also, I have no problem sending in my XBOX ONE Thrustmaster to consoletuner if they need it to make HOTAS mode work.
At the moment I am sitting on over $450 worth of tech that I can't use. :(
Fully confident that J2Kbr will be able to make a miracle happen. Once working, I figure sales should be pouring in as word of mouth on forums will make gamers want to buy the T2.
STEMALO
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Capt moore » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:37 pm

STEMALO wrote:ConsoleTuner could purchase a HOTAS and return it. I know, not ethical but still an option as it is allowed in certain big store...AMAZON, BEST BUY where you have 15-30 days return.
Also, I have no problem sending in my XBOX ONE Thrustmaster to consoletuner if they need it to make HOTAS mode work.
At the moment I am sitting on over $450 worth of tech that I can't use. :(
Fully confident that J2Kbr will be able to make a miracle happen. Once working, I figure sales should be pouring in as word of mouth on forums will make gamers want to buy the T2.

The thrustmaster hotas one is $80 on amazon, if Consoletuner can’t afford $80 to buy a copy they are going out of business for sure.

My guess is that they are a relatively small operation, and they are concentrating on other features (such as the gtuner air iOS app.) In addition, they are probably hoping to find out if the console makers are going to keep controller backwards compatibility in the new consoles next year. (Harmonix, makers of the Rock Band game, said there were interesting rumors about it on reddit.)

I would still love someone like J2KBR who knows this stuff to take a look now that I posted the device info in another thread for the hotas one, to see if this is an easy addition and can be quickly added, or will require much more effort and be placed on the back burner for awhile.
Capt moore
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Titan Two Device