anti-recoil for xim apex

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

anti-recoil for xim apex

Postby slickrick6922 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:12 pm

there was a new FW update for the Apex, it allows you to turn SAB off, I use a navy so I run off. if SAB's set to off theirs no resting value at all, it go's to zero every time when in the T2 device monitor. my question is on the anti-recoil scripts with resting value, do I set it to 0 then? I'm pretty sure I do.
slickrick6922
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: anti-recoil for xim apex

Postby DontAtMe » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:29 pm

Correct.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby alanmcgregor » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:45 pm

slickrick6922 wrote:there was a new FW update for the Apex, it allows you to turn SAB off, I use a navy so I run off. if SAB's set to off theirs no resting value at all, it go's to zero every time when in the T2 device monitor. my question is on the anti-recoil scripts with resting value, do I set it to 0 then? I'm pretty sure I do.

Antirecoil scripts works on the right stick
SAB only affects the left stick, so ON or OFF it doesn't matter.
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Postby DontAtMe » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:40 am

alanmcgregor wrote:SAB only affects the left stick, so ON or OFF it doesn't matter.

This is incorrect.

SAB effects both sticks, not just the left.
Its not hard to notice, simply look over at the device monitor with SAB on, and then again with it off.

SAB Off

SAB On
When ever the Apex assumes the stick has entered the deadzone, a random value less than 6% gets assigned to each axis.

Ever since the Apex launched its always done this. This is because SAB had always been enabled. Its the main reason why all of the anti-recoil scripts have the stick-noise setting. Its to compensate for the deadzone values that apex adds.

Its only now with the new firmware, we have the option to turn it off completely.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby slickrick6922 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:45 am

yeah check it out for you self in device monitor, the same stick used on the controller[right stick] will not rest at a value of 0 with sab on, turn it off and it zeros perfect every time.
Last edited by slickrick6922 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
slickrick6922
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby slickrick6922 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:49 am

alanmcgregor wrote:
slickrick6922 wrote:there was a new FW update for the Apex, it allows you to turn SAB off, I use a navy so I run off. if SAB's set to off theirs no resting value at all, it go's to zero every time when in the T2 device monitor. my question is on the anti-recoil scripts with resting value, do I set it to 0 then? I'm pretty sure I do.

Antirecoil scripts works on the right stick
SAB only affects the left stick, so ON or OFF it doesn't matter.
yeah , sab's affecting my right stick, check it out for your self in the device monitor.
slickrick6922
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby alanmcgregor » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:29 pm

They might change something about SAB, because in its earlier versions only left stick was altered (this coming from OBsIV).

Well is great that now can be fully turned off :)
alanmcgregor
Major
Major

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices