Gtuner Air: the smartphone/tablet App for the Titan Two

Gtuner Air Mobile App general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Gtuner Air: the smartphone/tablet App for the Titan Two

Postby antithesis » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:34 am

Thanks Buffy, I was just about to ask if / when the Android version was coming.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Prototype » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 pm

prototype wrote:I have the same issue using an Xperia XZ1 with Android 9.0. It scans but can't find the Titan.

It worked! Previously i had cleared the bluetooth cache as advised for bluetooth issues but without success. What i did today is i installed an app to connect my sound bar then i launched Gtuner Air and the connexion have been quick. :joia:
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby PaulaTheKoala » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:09 pm

Wow can't believe Gtuner Air is out already! Awesome work @J2Kbr! :smile0208: :smile0202:

I've tested it on my Honor View 10, only issues I've found so far is that it doesn't automatically turn on Bluetooth / inform the the user to turn it on, also sometimes the gray overlay gets stuck on screen. Other than that everything works perfectly! :smile0517:

Any plans on adding a GPC2 compiler or will it be bytecode only?
PaulaTheKoala
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Prototype » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:32 am

Yesterday i had a problem to connect the Titan Two. The app also require to enable the localization? For me it works only when it's enabled.

Nice job, the app is great to use!
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby PaulaTheKoala » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:04 am

prototype wrote:Yesterday i had a problem to connect the Titan Two. The app also require to enable the localization? For me it works only when it's enabled.

Nice job, the app is great to use!

That's normal, the Android SDK requires location services permission to be granted in order to scan for Bluetooth devices AND to receive the devices hardware ID, it didn't used to be like this but Google decided to make this change starting with Android 6.0:

https://developer.android.com/about/ver ... ardware-id

"To provide users with greater data protection, starting in this release, Android removes programmatic access to the device’s local hardware identifier for apps using the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth APIs. The WifiInfo.getMacAddress() and the BluetoothAdapter.getAddress() methods now return a constant value of 02:00:00:00:00:00.

To access the hardware identifiers of nearby external devices via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi scans, your app must now have the ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION or ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION permissions:"

Technically it's still possible to scan without the permission, but you won't be able to get the devices hardware ID.
PaulaTheKoala
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Prototype » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks. That's what my sound bar's app does, it opens the localization and the bluetooth before being able to use.
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:01 am

Thank you Paula for the feedback.

When I first installed Gtuner Air from Google Play a dialogbox popped up asking for few user's permission for the App, one was for location services. I accepted, but didn't understood why location services permissions was needed, as the App does not make use of it. But with your post is all explained.

Related with the overlay getting stuck on screen, this also happened with me few times (both iOS and Android). After researching, turned out the issue is with the Qt Framework used by Gtuner Air (not with my code). Soon I will be updating the framework version and expect/hope this to be fixed.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby gh0st » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm

I love the app. The only thing I've noticed is in the Android app it only seems to show one downloaded file. I can download multiple files but only the last downloaded file shows. Any ideas?
gh0st
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby DontAtMe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 pm

swipe the script to the right, a option to save will appear.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby Mad » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 am

A suggestion,

Change the app theme to a white background or add the ability to change background colors in Gtuner IV.

Generally people like to use different font colors when making an IC and this is based on Gtuner IV's white background.

I haven't got Gtuner Air so I'm not aware of how many are affected, But based on some screenshots I've seen on Discord text can become barely readable and mess with the color scheme.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner Air Mobile App Support