Pairing T2 with original Wii

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Pairing T2 with original Wii

Postby DuckCurious » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:26 am

Can the T2 actually connect to the original Wii? I have tried everything I can think of but nothing has worked. If I play around with it for long enough I can eventually get the Output light to go green, it looks like it should be connected but never shows up as a controller on the Wii.

I have been using the T2 successfully (for the most part) with the Wii U, I also use a PS4 controller wirelessly with the T2 on my PS3 so I know the Bluetooth module is OK. But this Wii thing is driving me nuts. I have two original Wiis and they both exhibit the same behaviour. I think it must be doing something because when the Output light is green it seems to screw up any attempts to connect a normal Wiimote. A reset of the Wii solves this but still the T2 won't show up as a controller no matter what.

Things I've tried:

Updating to latest firmware.
XB1 (with dongle), X360 (wired and wireless), PS4 (wired) controllers.
Pairing holding down Up button AND using the GTuner IV software.
Holding down PS2/XBOX button to try and establish wireless connection

Has anybody managed to connect the T2 successfully to an original Wii? There is practically zero info about this online that I've been able to find. The instructions in the T2 documentation don't work for me and I have followed them to the letter literally dozens of times.

TIA,

DuckCurious
DuckCurious
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Pairing T2 with original Wii

Postby Prototype » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:22 am

Take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12521&p=84155&hilit=Wii#p84165
J2Kbr wrote:On the Nintendo Switch settings, please check if you have the option “Pro Controller Wired Communication” enabled:

In the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch select "System Settings" > "Controllers and Sensors". Select "Pro Controller Wired Communication" to enable this feature.

It's for the Titan One but i'm sure it is also required for the Titan Two.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby Buffy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:03 pm

prototype wrote:Take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12521&p=84155&hilit=Wii#p84165
J2Kbr wrote:On the Nintendo Switch settings, please check if you have the option “Pro Controller Wired Communication” enabled:

In the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch select "System Settings" > "Controllers and Sensors". Select "Pro Controller Wired Communication" to enable this feature.

It's for the Titan One but i'm sure it is also required for the Titan Two.

The Wii is different from the Switch!
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || Custom Scripts
Buffy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DuckCurious » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:38 am

Yes, unfortunately there are no settings relating to the Pro Controller on the Wii. I'm guessing that not many T2 users are trying to connect to an original Wii, at this point I'm just interested to know whether it's even possible.
DuckCurious
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Buffy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:51 pm

I know a few users who use the T2 on the Wii U, but this says it will work with the Wii too: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ystems:wii
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || Custom Scripts
Buffy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pharaoh_Umkham » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:19 am

I haven't been able to use it on the original Wii (via Wii Menu on Wii U) either but it works just fine on the Wii U outside of Wii emulation.
Pharaoh_Umkham
Private
Private

Postby Prototype » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Buffy wrote:
prototype wrote:...

The Wii is different from the Switch!

Yes i made a mistake...
Buffy wrote:I know a few users who use the T2 on the Wii U, but this says it will work with the Wii too: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ystems:wii

That's it, but it's strange it don't work for you Pharaoh_Umkham. Have you tried this ?
Troubleshooting: If the Bluetooth connection with Wii U / Wii does not work, try disconnect all controllers from the console:
System Settings → Wii Remote and Sensor Bar → Delete All Wii Remote Pairings.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 am

The Titan Two emulates a Wii U Pro controller to connect on Wii U and Wii.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby DuckCurious » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:02 am

Well if it's trying to emulate a Wii U Pro controller it will never be able to connect to an OG Wii since the Wii U Pro controller is not backwards compatible with the Wii. So... it's starting to look like you can't use the Titan Two with the Wii. That's fine and all, but it should be made much clearer in the documentation so that we don't have to spend hours trying to do something which apparently can't be done.
DuckCurious
Corporal
Corporal

Postby DuckCurious » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:37 pm

It's been a month since my original post, still no solution to this problem and the documentation still states quite specifically that it should work with the OG Wii. It looks as though it was assumed that the addition of Wii U compatibility would also enable OG Wii compatibility... this is apparently not the case.

I have seen other adapters which are capable of connecting to the OG Wii so it must be possible, is there any chance that this functionality will be added to the T2 in a future update? After dropping so much money for the T2 I don't really want to have to purchase yet another product just to get the Wii working, but it looks as though I may have no choice.

I really think the documentation needs to be altered so as not to give the impression of Wii compatibility. The product is still super impressive and incredibly useful, but claiming that it has functionality which it does not have is not a good look.
DuckCurious
Corporal
Corporal

Next

Return to Titan Two Device