Need help understanding script creating/editing

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Need help understanding script creating/editing

Postby Mattyl22l » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:21 am

Hello, just got my Titan Two yesterday and already tinkering with a pre-made script from another creator and currently running well.

I'm new to scripting and this new field of learning but I'm interested in finding-out how to create my own scripts in the future and maybe start contributing and posting/publishing my own.

The first script I found was made for the Xbox360 and I'm using XboxOne. I edited each line one by one changing the xbox360 to the corresponding xboxone button. Is there an easier way to convert all these with a feature, less typing, or a converter?

Also in regards to creating my own scripts is there a way I can have the game playing on my console, split the controller feed, and have the inputs recorded over a certain time, then create the script based of what was happening in game?

Thanks in advance, so far I love the product and can't wait to get better at using it. :)
Mattyl22l
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Need help understanding script creating/editing

Postby Scachi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:55 am

Mattyl22l wrote:Hello, just got my Titan Two yesterday and already tinkering with a pre-made script from another creator and currently running well.

I'm new to scripting and this new field of learning but I'm interested in finding-out how to create my own scripts in the future and maybe start contributing and posting/publishing my own.

The first script I found was made for the Xbox360 and I'm using XboxOne. I edited each line one by one changing the xbox360 to the corresponding xboxone button. Is there an easier way to convert all these with a feature, less typing, or a converter?

Yes..there is.. do not translate them. :innocent_smile_1:
They work on different consoles/controllers without a need to change the button names.
Hit "F1" key in GTuner IV and you will see the list of buttons for each console...the left most column is the unique number that a button name is assigned to.
So colum PS4, row R2 is the number 4 or the shared name "BUTTON_5".
That is the same as the name "RT" for the xb controller.

Mattyl22l wrote:Also in regards to creating my own scripts is there a way I can have the game playing on my console, split the controller feed, and have the inputs recorded over a certain time, then create the script based of what was happening in game?

Thanks in advance, so far I love the product and can't wait to get better at using it. :)

There is a script that allows you to record all input during gaming and let it playback the recording for some loops or in an endless loop until you stop it. The script requires a sd-card insertied into your T2.
Information about the script: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9745#p68771
about macros: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ing:macros
about scripting with examples : https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... _scripting
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mattyl22l » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Scachi wrote:
Mattyl22l wrote:Hello, just got my Titan Two yesterday and already tinkering with a pre-made script from another creator and currently running well.

Yes..there is.. do not translate them. :innocent_smile_1:
They work on different consoles/controllers without a need to change the button names.
Hit "F1" key in GTuner IV and you will see the list of buttons for each console...the left most column is the unique number that a button name is assigned to.
So colum PS4, row R2 is the number 4 or the shared name "BUTTON_5".
That is the same as the name "RT" for the xb controller.

Mattyl22l wrote:Also in regards to creating my own scripts is there a way I can have the game playing on my console, split the controller feed, and have the inputs recorded over a certain time, then create the script based of what was happening in game?

There is a script that allows you to record all input during gaming and let it playback the recording for some loops or in an endless loop until you stop it. The script requires a sd-card insertied into your T2.
Information about the script: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9745#p68771
about macros: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ing:macros
about scripting with examples : https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... _scripting

Awesome! Thank you for the response and so quickly. :innocent_smile_1:

Lol. “Do not translate.” Thanks for clarifying the program does it all for me.

So my setup to start recording a macro or combo would have the Titan Two connected to the computer/program, then get a split signal of the controller connected to console and Titan Two? Also I would need a sd-card?
Mattyl22l
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Mattyl22l wrote:Awesome! Thank you for the response and so quickly. :innocent_smile_1:

So my setup to start recording a macro or combo would have the Titan Two connected to the computer/program, then get a split signal of the controller connected to console and Titan Two? Also I would need a sd-card?

The split signal is automatically done. You can see all the (mapped) inputs and outputs the T2 receives and send via the "Device Monitor" in Gtuner IV as long as the "Prog" port is connected to your PC. You can have the T2 connected to the PC and your console at the same time.
PC -> T2 "Prog",
T2 "output" port to console,
your controller you are playing with to Input-A

For the recording via GTuner IV and converting to a combo you don't need a sd-card.
When you want to play back a macro from a recorded file or use the script I have mentioned you will need a sd-card.
Just get a micro-sd card (they are cheap, any memory size will do.. 512MB,1GB, ...) or use an old one you have around. You will get more slots to use too. Without a micro sd-card you have slots 1,2,3 avilable only. With sd-card you get 6 more.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mattyl22l » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:17 pm

Scachi wrote:
Mattyl22l wrote:Awesome! Thank you for the response and so quickly. :innocent_smile_1:

The split signal is automatically done. You can see all the (mapped) inputs and outputs the T2 receives and send via the "Device Monitor" in Gtuner IV as long as the "Prog" port is connected to your PC. You can have the T2 connected to the PC and your console at the same time.
PC -> T2 "Prog",
T2 "output" port to console,
your controller you are playing with to Input-A

For the recording via GTuner IV and converting to a combo you don't need a sd-card.
When you want to play back a macro from a recorded file or use the script I have mentioned you will need a sd-card.
Just get a micro-sd card (they are cheap, any memory size will do.. 512MB,1GB, ...) or use an old one you have around. You will get more slots to use too. Without a micro sd-card you have slots 1,2,3 avilable only. With sd-card you get 6 more.

Oh! Duh! Why didn’t I think of that setup. Haha.

Ok so if I want to use it as a Macro I need more space but if a convert the input/macro to a Combo I can use it without added space needed?

What is the difference between a Macro & a Combo, when is it beneficial to use one rather than the other? Is a Macro just a bunch of combos?

Are there any tutorials or example videos you recommend?
Mattyl22l
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:01 pm

Correct

Macro's are more precise, recording every input. Macro's are good if you need exact timings for fighting or farming scripts etc.

Where a combo has a size limit but you can easily create manual inputs with them.

You should check out the links Scachi posted :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Scachi » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Mattyl22l wrote:Ok so if I want to use it as a Macro I need more space but if a convert the input/macro to a Combo I can use it without added space needed?

What is the difference between a Macro & a Combo, when is it beneficial to use one rather than the other? Is a Macro just a bunch of combos?
....cut....

Yes/No .. the word "space" is a bit misleading I think. There is "script size" and storage size/space.
Using combos increases the scripts size more than using macros. To be able to use macro directly in a script - without having to convert it to a combo - you need a sd-card. A macro file (.gmk) can't be stored directly into a T2 memory slot.

I have added some more details and small listing to the "combo" wiki page about their features and limitations:
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ing:combos
Take a look at the macro page too:
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ing:macros
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mattyl22l » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:22 am

I picked up an micro-sd at the store today, the smallest one they had was 16gb, I think that might be a little overkill. haha.

Ok, I think I'm starting to get it somewhat....I took a look at the links you provided and started testing a macro.

I recorded the macro and saved it fine. When it talks about playback is this when you hit "Test and debug the current work"? This was the only way I got the macro to run.

I took a look at the link again and do I need to create a gpc script with the function "macro_run" and other macro functions. Then add that gpc script into a memory slot? Then when I use the gpc script from the memory slot using macro functions it will use the macro i saved in Macro Explorer?

-Sorry if that sounded a bit confusing, trying my best to understand and communicate this new language. lol. Thank you for all the help.

-Also is there a way to convert a T1 gamepack into a T2 gamepack? There was no option to download so do I have to contact the creator personally and request this?
Mattyl22l
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:21 am

Yes you will need to create a script with the macro run function and put it into a memory slot.

Here's the link to the converter: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12027
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Scachi » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:57 am

Mattyl22l wrote:I picked up an micro-sd at the store today, the smallest one they had was 16gb, I think that might be a little overkill. haha.

Ok, I think I'm starting to get it somewhat....I took a look at the links you provided and started testing a macro.

I recorded the macro and saved it fine. When it talks about playback is this when you hit "Test and debug the current work"? This was the only way I got the macro to run.

I took a look at the link again and do I need to create a gpc script with the function "macro_run" and other macro functions. Then add that gpc script into a memory slot? Then when I use the gpc script from the memory slot using macro functions it will use the macro i saved in Macro Explorer?

-Sorry if that sounded a bit confusing, trying my best to understand and communicate this new language. lol. Thank you for all the help.

No need to be sorry. We are happy to help.
By reading the documentation and asking your question you are help to improve it :wink:
Yes..When you want to be able to playback the macro file without having to open it in GTuner "Macro Editor" and use its "Test and Debug" button (or hit F5 key) you will need to create a script.
I have added more information to the scripting macro pages playback section: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... s#playback
It contains a tiny script example for playing back a macro too.

Mattyl22l wrote:-Also is there a way to convert a T1 gamepack into a T2 gamepack? There was no option to download so do I have to contact the creator personally and request this?

Gamepacks (the offfical "scripts" released by Consoletuner) are only available for direct install to a slot (compiled already).
To be able to use the converter Mad has linked you need to have the source code of a script.
When you want to have a T1 Gamepack converted to the T2 you have to ask J2kbr by pm or creating a new Post with your request so J2kbr can easily find it. He converts old T1 gamepacks to T2 based on requests.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support