[Question]Input Translator - Gtuner IV Vs Gtuner Air[Solved]

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

[Question]Input Translator - Gtuner IV Vs Gtuner Air[Solved]

Postby jelly44 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:27 am

Hello folks,

I've been using the input translator for battlefield V on PS4 from the online resources through Gtuner IV. I've noticed that the same input translator if downloaded from Gtuner Air has HIP and ADS Sensitivity fields while the one from Gtuner IV has only one sensitivity field.

Any ideas why?

I currently have to increase the ADS sensitivity in game because it does not match the one from HIP fire, so deviating from the instructions to change the sensitivity only in the input translator.

As always, thank you for the incredible support.
Last edited by jelly44 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
- My recommendation for learning C programming: 'C Programming Absolute Beginner's Guide'
- Create your own scripts with GPC2 Scripting
jelly44
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: [Question] Input Translator - Gtuner IV Vs Gtuner Air

Postby Scachi » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:04 am

jelly44 wrote:Hello folks,

I've been using the input translator for battlefield V on PS4 from the online resources through Gtuner IV. I've noticed that the same input translator if downloaded from Gtuner Air has HIP and ADS Sensitivity fields while the one from Gtuner IV has only one sensitivity field.

Any ideas why?

I currently have to increase the ADS sensitivity in game because it does not match the one from HIP fire, so deviating from the instructions to change the sensitivity only in the input translator.

As always, thank you for the incredible support.

Input translator ? Are you sure that you are not talking about the "Interactive Configuration" setting ?
GTtuner IV input translator ads sensitivity is a bit hard to find.. in the "mouse xy converter" there is something like a combo box directly below the title "mouse xy converter". It reads "Default" by default, click on it and select "Alternate" for the ads sensitivity or whatever button/control is seleted on the right side to activate it.

GTuner Air and GTUner IV don't share their cached configuration files.
When you downloaded the script through gtuner air later and it got updated with a hip value you won't see the IC with the same option in GTuner IV then until you download it there again and install it to the T2 (not sure if just downloading it again or clicking "preview" is enough") once so that IC file gets chached/updated on your pc too.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:18 am

jelly44 wrote:I've been using the input translator for battlefield V on PS4 from the online resources through Gtuner IV. I've noticed that the same input translator if downloaded from Gtuner Air has HIP and ADS Sensitivity fields while the one from Gtuner IV has only one sensitivity field.

The ADS sensitivity is also available when using Gtuner VI. With the Input Translator opened go to the "Mouse XY Converter". The Default settings are for HIP. Change it to Alternate to access the ADS settings. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby jelly44 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Thank you Scachi and J2Kbr for the reply, and apologies for the delay.

I am finding it hard to fly planes in Battlefield V with the mouse because, unlike the stick movement behavior in a DS4 controller, the moment you stop moving the mouse the input/output is over (it is as if the stick would be back to its neutral position). Is there any way to change this? I wouldn't mind having an input translator only for planes.

Meanwhile I've tried to add the following keyboard mapping:

Home = STICK_1_Y (Inverted)
Del (Delete Forward) = STICK_1_X (Inverted)
End = STICK_1_Y
Page Down = STICK_1_X

But the above is not super accurate as each keystroke is very 'harsh'.
Attachments
Battlefield V PS4 - Planes.git
Input Translator with Stick_1 Controls over KB
(174 Bytes) Downloaded 86 times
- My recommendation for learning C programming: 'C Programming Absolute Beginner's Guide'
jelly44

Postby Scachi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:22 pm

For the mouse movement.. there is a script somewhere here in the forum (found it : viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13002&p=86349&hilit=fifa+mouse#p86349) that allows you to hold the last mouse movements direction until you release the specified key to hold.
But is is not very comfortable to use as you have to press the key exactly at the moment you want to keep the current stick values active. Hard to time the mouse movement and the key press when you do small mouse movements only.
Someone clever (not as stupid as me) should be able to improve the script with something like to hold the latest max sticks movements when the key is held down and the mouse/sticks values stops moving so it doesn't rely on the key press timing that much.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby jelly44 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:16 am

Thanks Scachi. Indeed, not very comfortable/practical. I'll try to get used to the keyboard mapping I did or stick to the DS4 controller when flying planes. Just need to pair it via bluetooth :)
jelly44

Return to Gtuner IV Support