Help With Rock Band 4 Drums

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Help With Rock Band 4 Drums

Postby ModnarSarhp » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:39 am

I would like to connect my MIDI drumset to an XBONE, however the existing hardware for this has been discontinued. I have spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out if I can use this device or its successor in order to map the 360 MIDI adapter to a normal XBONE controller, but I can't find conclusive answers.
ModnarSarhp
Private
Private

Re: Help With Rock Band 4 Drums

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:54 pm

At the moment we don't have plans to support MIDI devices. However, depending on the demand, we can reconsider this position. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby MasterWolf » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:01 am

I am confused though, I thought the Titan One Supported the Mad Catz Xbox 360 MIDI adapter?
MasterWolf
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:41 am

I have no experience with the Mad Catz Xbox 360 MIDI. However, if this adapter outputs using the standard XB360 controller protocol than yes, it will work with both the Titan One and Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby MasterWolf » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 pm

I think I misunderstood the Titan One manual. I think it can only be used to authenticate a xbox 360 controller:
https://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/comp ... s=AQAACA==

The MIDI adapter translates MIDI notes and turns it into a code that the Rock Band game is able to read. Essentially, it turns most electronic drums, into the official Rock Band drum kit controller. I would assume it would not work other than to authenticate, since you guys do not support Band controllers at this time.

It is a shame too, because many people would gladly purchase the Titan if it allowed them to play their drum kit on Rock Band. The officially licensed adapter is out of stock, and who knows when it will be produced again.
MasterWolf
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby tiredjohn » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:06 am

The untapped market for Rock Band 4 MIDI drums support is significant - as of right now, there is no realistic way of connecting a MIDI drum kit to an Xbox One in Rock Band 4, besides finding one of the incredibly rare PDP Legacy Wired Adapters. (They're not just hard to find at inflated prices, you almost never see them on eBay.) Lots of people have put big money into their setups but won't make the jump to XB1 until there's a solution for their old hardware.

I'm just speculating, but I think the issue with getting this to work (probably one of many) is that Rock Band 4 won't allow drum inputs from a device that appears as a standard controller - so unless the Titan has a way to spoof the device ID of a supported drum kit, the game won't interpret the inputs correctly.
tiredjohn
Private
Private

Postby MasterWolf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:58 pm

J2Kbr already said in the past that:
The implementation of guitar/drums protocol for output is planned when should be implemented in the future. I can't, however, confirm to you when I will be working on this as I have many others high priority tasks in my to do list at the moment (i.e. the Gtuner App for smartphone/tablets).

And you are correct, the whole issue is that the Titan can't output Band Kit peripherals, only regular xbox controllers.
MasterWolf
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby cleverest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 pm

tiredjohn wrote:The untapped market for Rock Band 4 MIDI drums support is significant - as of right now, there is no realistic way of connecting a MIDI drum kit to an Xbox One in Rock Band 4, besides finding one of the incredibly rare PDP Legacy Wired Adapters. (They're not just hard to find at inflated prices, you almost never see them on eBay.) Lots of people have put big money into their setups but won't make the jump to XB1 until there's a solution for their old hardware.

I'm just speculating, but I think the issue with getting this to work (probably one of many) is that Rock Band 4 won't allow drum inputs from a device that appears as a standard controller - so unless the Titan has a way to spoof the device ID of a supported drum kit, the game won't interpret the inputs correctly.

I agree. I am one such person. I'm stuck with RB3 on the 360 with my nice drum set as a result...until this happens.
cleverest
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Titan One Device