Interactive Configuration failure - MOSTLY SOLVED

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Interactive Configuration failure - MOSTLY SOLVED

Postby JAFO » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:07 pm

I'm having some problems with the Gtuner IV software.

A little background:
My friend bought a Titan Two for use with his Xbox One. Since I have a background in programming, he asked me to help him get up to speed with the device and the software. We set up Gtuner on his Macbook, and figured out how things work without much problem. We updated the software and firmware with no problems, and got to work tweaking the gamepack for Battlefield V.

Not being entirely happy with the gamepack, we decided that I'd take the TT with me for a few days, to get used to GPC, and to learn what was involved in converting older scripts to work with the TT.

Here's where I ran into problems. Despite the Slot 1's Interactive Configuration icon working properly on his Macbook, on my Win7 machine, the icon refuses to appear, and the same option in the context menu is greyed out. Nothing I do, such as restarting Gtuner and/or disconnecting & reconnecting the TT, makes any difference.

At this point, I'm wondering if it's some kind of driver problem. Searching through forum posts reveals nobody else having even a remotely similar issue.

Relevant details:
Computer OS - Win7 64bit

Current Versions as reported by Gtuner IV:
Gtuner IV - v1.4.3.3
Titan Two firmware - 1.5.0.0

The one thing I find weird is that according to Gtuner, the latest Titan Two firmware is 1.4.3.1. So how does the TT come to have 1.5.0.0 installed?

Does anyone have any idea what's going on, or have suggestions I can try?
Last edited by JAFO on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAFO
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Interactive Configuration failure

Postby Scachi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:46 pm

Can you share the script so I can check if it works here ?

Don't know about the Firmware reporting as 1.5.0.0.
Is this version shown in the Device Configuration ?
For me this is shown:
devconfig.jpg
devconfig.jpg (30.08 KiB) Viewed 1189 times

Some days ago there was a notification about a firmware update available but I didn't install it. Some hours later I did want to install it but then it reported no update was found. Perhaps there was an upload of a new firmware done by mistake and set back to the current version again. And you hit the time and installed that firmware that was taken down again ? ..I don't remember the version it did report at that time, so this is just a guess that this could have been your fw version.

To force a firmware update unplug the t2, nothing connected to it.
Press both arrow buttons on the T2 and while holding those down connect the prog port to the pc.
Now GTuner IV won't list the device anymore but will still allow you to run "Tools->Check for Updates" and apply the T2 firmware again.

Maybe the Mac and Win version do act differently on missing keywords in the interactive configuration or something like that. Have you checked your Interactive Configuration with the IC-Bytetable tool (download page, win only atm) for errors/problems ?
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Mad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:57 pm

JAFO wrote:The one thing I find weird is that according to Gtuner, the latest Titan Two firmware is 1.4.3.1. So how does the TT come to have 1.5.0.0 installed?

If you have the following in Gtuner.cfg you will get beta updates (1.5.0.0 was released under beta)
Code: Select all
[Advanced]
beta_tester=true

As for the interactive configuration, if you're installing a script from the online resource section sometimes you will need to drag&drop twice if the icon doesn't appear.

Otherwise if it's a custom interactive configuration, as Scachi said share it here :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:04 am

1.5.0.0 was actually an early stage alpha release, made available for a specific user. ;) Of course, anyone with beta_tester=true could also download it.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby JAFO » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:35 am

Scachi wrote:Can you share the script so I can check if it works here ?

Well, that particular script isn't the subject of this problem anyway.. the problem is with the official ConsoleTuner gamepack for BFV. (And that script isn't in a workable state yet anyway. I'm still in the process of tracking down compilation errors.)

Scachi wrote:Maybe the Mac and Win version do act differently on missing keywords in the interactive configuration or something like that. Have you checked your Interactive Configuration with the IC-Bytetable tool (download page, win only atm) for errors/problems ?

Quite possibly there is some compatibility issue between the Win & Mac versions.. (see below for why I suspect this) but I hope to have a clearer picture of that soon, after some more testing. I wasn't aware of the IC-Bytetable tool, so thanks for mentioning that, and I'll see what it turns up.

So, here's how I've (more or less - some questions remain to be answered) solved the problem.

Mad's suggestion about dragging & dropping a second time (we had to do this with the Mac to start with as well) is what did the trick. But since I'd already done this to get the Mac version working correctly, it seems weird to me that I'd have to do so yet again when switching to the Windows software. This is what leads me to wonder if there is some slight compatibility issue between the two versions.

I didn't want to drag over the same slot as the initial install, as I figured that would most likely wipe out the config changes we'd made. So instead I dragged it into an empty slot. Lo and behold, BOTH slots that had a copy of the BFV gamepack suddenly had config icons next to them! So I tried the same technique for bonefisher's BATTLEFIELD MODzPACK 1.00, which was suffering from the same lack of configuration icons. This time, it didn't work. but when I deleted the second copy of bonefisher's mod, lo and behold, the first copy suddenly had a config icon next to it! Weird.

I then deleted the second copy of CT's BFV gamepack, and all stayed good.. so now both slots are loaded with properly configurable packs. The next test will be when I give my friend his TT back tonight, and we'll see if he can still access the interactive config panels on his Mac, or if he'll have to do the drag & drop thing yet again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mad wrote:
JAFO wrote:The one thing I find weird is that according to Gtuner, the latest Titan Two firmware is 1.4.3.1. So how does the TT come to have 1.5.0.0 installed?

If you have the following in Gtuner.cfg you will get beta updates (1.5.0.0 was released under beta)
Code: Select all
[Advanced]
beta_tester=true

Thanks.. that makes sense! All I can report is that the Gtuner.cfg file in my Win version does not have an entry for beta_tester at all. I will get my friend to check and see what Gtuner.cfg has on his Mac, and let you know what we find.

Many thanks to the both of you for your suggestions.. I'll edit the OP thread title to show 'mostly solved' until the last little mysteries are cleared up.
Last edited by JAFO on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
JAFO
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby JAFO » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:38 am

J2Kbr wrote:1.5.0.0 was actually an early stage alpha release, made available for a specific user. ;) Of course, anyone with beta_tester=true could also download it.

Ok.. fair enough.. thanks for clarifying!
JAFO
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Gtuner IV Support