Titan One stopped working

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan One stopped working

Postby Nalwonk » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:25 am

I went to use my Titan One today and it seems to have stopped responding to anything. No matter what I plug it in to, it just reads P, no dots on top or bottom. Plugged into a device, or with the PCPROG cable connected, I get the same results. Just a P.

I looked into this and found information about Firmware recovery, but when I press the reset button, it changes to an E with both dots lit.

Trying to update the firmware while it's in the P mode seems like it's working, the bottom dot flashes as it's writing, but then nothing happens. It reboots itself back into P and continues to be unrecognized. Sometimes it just doesn't turn back on at all unless I unplug it and plug it back in. I've tried it several times and it seems to succeed, but nothing actually happens and on my next attempt, it still shows my firmware version as UNKNOWN

I have tried multiple USB cables, all of which I know work because they are working with other devices I'm currently using.

I just got it yesterday, and yesterday it was working fine, I could control my PS4 through the Gtuner software, and everything was working as I wanted it to. I left it plugged into my PS4 and when I booted the PS4 up today it was like this.
Nalwonk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Titan One stopped working

Postby Mad » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:03 am

E1: Means hardware faulty. The device needs to be replaced.
E2: Means security check fail. The device is not genuine.
E3: Means software error. Please report to development team for further investigation.

Have you got another USB cable you could try and plug it into the prog port to the pc?

It does sound like it's faulty or non genuine though.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Nalwonk » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:40 am

I've tried it with multiple cables on both my desktop and my laptop. It just says E, it doesn't say any numbers.

I got it on Amazon, so it shouldn't be too much hassle to return it at least. Thanks.
Nalwonk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:57 am

Nalwonk wrote:I looked into this and found information about Firmware recovery, but when I press the reset button, it changes to an E with both dots lit.

Unfortunately this means hardware faulty (when trying run the bootloader, aka programming mode). Please contact the retailer you purchased the device for check is still possible request a replacement.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device