Question about KMG Capture

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: Question about KMG Capture

Postby Scachi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm

CTK wrote:I see, so you're saying because they're both devices without the Bluetooth component, they end up sharing the same ID essentially on the devices. Unfortunately using the Bluetooth module doesn't work for Parsec since it only picks up wired controllers, so I would have to wait for now. Thank you for responding and looking into this. Definitely can't wait to utilize this feature to its full potential.

I think he is talking about connecting one of your T2 wireless to the Switch (via Output Protocol "Bluetooth Nintendo Switch") if you have one with the bluetooth module (Expansion Kit). The T2 itself can still be connected to the PC via USB.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Scachi is absolutely right, the BT module is just for get unique ID for each device (instead of the hardcoded one).

In any case, I have already implemented an UUID based on the Titan Two serial number (if the device has no BT module). This update should be out by tonight or tomorrow.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby CTK » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:06 am

I updated both to 1.5.1.4 since I saw this now, however it seems to still be giving the same issue. Is the UUID automatically changed when both Titan Twos are in, or would I have to change it as a setting? It still shows both have the same ID.
CTK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 am

With the 1.5.1.4 the UUID should be unique for each device (even without the BT module).

Please try disconnect all controllers from the Nintendo Switch:

System Settings → Controllers and Sensors → Disconnect Controllers.

This will force the Switch to reconfigure all controllers and fetch the new UUID.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby CTK » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:44 am

I disconnected all of them, only the Xbox One controller shows up as a USB controller, but the first controller doesn't. I pressed down on L+R as shown in the first Titan Two but nothing ever gets detected unless I put it in the second Titan Two.
CTK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:54 pm

This morning I connected two Titan Twos on Nintendo Switch to check. Both worked as expected and I could operate the console with the controllers on each Titan Two.

What I did was:

1) Removed the Switch from the dock and disconnected all controllers from the Nintendo Switch with System Settings → Controllers and Sensors → Disconnect Controllers.

2) Returned the Switch to the dock.

3) Plugged the first Titan Two and checked if was working.

4) Plugged the second Titan Two and checked if was working.

--

The only reason I can image the UUID still the same in your both Titans is if the manufacturer tested the BT module interface using the same BT module, which would make the Titan Two register the same BT address for the UUID.

To solve that (if is the case), the FW 1.5.1.5 just made available will erase any existing BT address if there is no BT module installed, forcing the UUID to be derived from the device's serial number.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby CTK » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Looks like it did the trick, both controllers show up fine now, fully working. Thank you for including this and fixing it with excellent feedback. Planning to buy a third in the future for 4 player action for Parsec!
CTK
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:35 am

CTK wrote:Looks like it did the trick, both controllers show up fine now, fully working. Thank you for including this and fixing it with excellent feedback. Planning to buy a third in the future for 4 player action for Parsec!

:joia: :joia:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Previous

Return to Gtuner IV Support