Gtuner IV install not working

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Gtuner IV install not working

Postby AlmightyJake820 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:22 pm

I'm trying to install Gtuner IV software for the first time, the download worked fine, i extracted the files, and open the install file. the install window pops up with a blank screen and my mouse icon changes to the loading state and nothing happens. if i click on the window it tells me program is not responding. waiting for program doesnt do anything it just stays in the not responding state.

ive tried to delete it and reinstall. ive restarted my computer and i cant get it to move past the blank white install screen.

please help
AlmightyJake820
Private
Private

Re: Gtuner IV install not working

Postby Mad » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Try disabling any security software before running the installer.

Also try right click Gtuner.exe > Run as administrator.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:01 pm

If Mad's suggestion didn't work, please inform you Windows version (7, 8, 10 and if is 32 or 64 bits) thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby eddieboy911 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:55 pm

I have been having this issue as well. Im on windows 10. Initially the switching to admin worked. Now its back too the way it was with the white screen. If I delete the gtuner.cfg, all my settings/ external tools etc are gone, but it opens up again. I also find that this happens if I resize the windows within the app. I initially thought it was a scaling issue so I tried changing app DPI settings with no luck. As much as possible, I dont want to keep redoing my settings too. Any help will be appreciated.
eddieboy911
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby eddieboy911 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:12 pm

J2Kbr wrote:If Mad's suggestion didn't work, please inform you Windows version (7, 8, 10 and if is 32 or 64 bits) thanks.

Ive narrowed it down to having 2 screen resolutions. When I plug in my 1440 monitor, white screen happens. When just on ly laptop screen, It works. Any thoughts??
eddieboy911
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:07 pm

When you say you tried changing app DPI settings, did you do this via windows or in Gtuner IV itself?

"Enable automatic scaling for high DPI monitors" under GtunerIV>Preferences?
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Return to Gtuner IV Support