T2 not working -- Xim Apex (with Xim Link) and T2 (solved)

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

T2 not working -- Xim Apex (with Xim Link) and T2 (solved)

Postby 2fast4u » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:25 am

My T2 is not registering KBM movements on my XB1.

Connections:

KB + M > to PC > Belkin easy transfer cable (with Xim Link program activated) > to Apex USB hub >

Xbox controller USB > Apex USB hub >

Apex USB hub > Apex > T2 via INPUT-A
T2 > console via OUTPUT port

PC Micro USB > T2 PROG slot as well

Did cold xbox one start up (held down xbox button on console until power off and then turned it back on).

controller has no batteries

On Xbox boot up, xbox controller is not turned on

Xim Apex is on. I can edit xim configs and the xim Link registers keyboard usage.

T2 is on. T2 has "PROG" and "Input-A" lit up green. It is on profile 3 (I can cycle through profiles);

However, T2 is not translating the Xim / KBM actions on the Xbox. I have no controls.

I try turning on my controller manual, it turns on and stays on and I can use the controller to move in Xbox, but KBM still does not work.

I googled the issue and ended up buying a power supply for Xim Apex USB hub, to see if that fixed the issue.

Even with adding power to the Apex USB hub, there are still no controls.

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Mouse: Razer Basilisk Chroma

Please help. :smile1002:
Last edited by 2fast4u on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: T2 not working -- Xim Apex (with Xim Link) and T2

Postby DontAtMe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:38 am

2fast4u wrote:I try turning on my controller manual, it turns on and stays on and I can use the controller to move in Xbox

Your not suppose to power the controller manually. when you do this the controller connects to the Xbox One Via wireless. This is why the Apex is not sending any input.

Make sure to remove any batteries from the Xbox One Controller.

Connect all devices to the Apex hub. Then connect the Apex to Input-A.

Wait for the Xbox One controller to power on automatically. Don't turn the controller on manually, If the Xbox One Controller does not turn on, check the output for the Titan Two, make sure its set to USB Xbox One.

If it still does not turn on automatically, Try a different USB cable for the Xbox One Controller.
If still no luck, try a different Xbox One Controller. Also make sure that you are using an Official Microsoft Xbox One Controller. The Xim Apex is not compatible with any third party Xbox One controllers.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby 2fast4u » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:22 pm

I am using official xbox controllers. I just tried using my other controller and a different usb cable, but the controller still does power on by itself when I turn on the xbox.

Xim Apex works by itsself just fine, but when I plug my set up into the T2 Input A and then into Xbox it does not work.

When I disconnected T2 and plug in Apex into Xbox, controller turns on.

Do I need to do anything to "authenticate" the T2 using the controller first? I read something about that, but thought I didn't need to do that when using the Xim Apex. Let me know, thanks.
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Does the controller turn on automatically without the apex connected?

Xbox controller > TitanTwo (Input-A) > Xbox One ?
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby ThisGuy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:58 pm

I started having this issue after updating my controller recently. How I make it work is have it set to Xbox one out protocol let the titan and xim cycle through. Usually controller light is off but xim shows it in the manager. Manually turn controller on and you will see xim pick up the controller by the lights, at that point light is now on controller and I just push the dpad(on the controller) a couple times then it all seems to work fine.
ThisGuy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby 2fast4u » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:34 am

DontAtMe wrote:Does the controller turn on automatically without the apex connected?

This powered up the xbox controller as well. So why doesn't it power on when it is all connected :/
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby 2fast4u » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:38 am

2fast4u wrote:
DontAtMe wrote:Does the controller turn on automatically without the apex connected?

This powered up the xbox controller as well. So why doesn't it power on when it is all connected :/

One thing I noticed is that the input A light is red when the Apex is plugged into it. It was green when I had the controller directly plugged in. What does the red light mean?
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:13 am

Try installing the latest Beta Firmware For the Titan Two.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13510
Instructions on how to get the beta firmware,
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby 2fast4u » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:49 am

DontAtMe wrote:Try installing the latest Beta Firmware For the Titan Two.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13510
Instructions on how to get the beta firmware,

Done and updated, still not working. Input A is now green though. But xbox controller still does not turn on with console boot up. When I turn controller on manually, there is still not KBM functionality.
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:56 am

Check that the Titan Two actually works with your Xbox One Controller alone first. Since you are saying you have to turn the controller on manually, Lets make sure that the controller is actually connected/synced with the Titan Two, and not connected wirelessly to your Console, when it actually turns on.

We are testing only your Xbox one Controller. So disregard the Apex, and KBM for the time being,

Connect your Xbox One Controller to your Titan Two(INPUT-A/B), make sure the Titan Two(Output) Is connected to your Xbox One.

Confirm that you are able to control the Xbox with the controller, and also confirm that scripts on the Titan Two, can be loaded, and are functional in game.

If you are unable to get any scripts working, then this means that the Xbox controller is connected to your console via wireless, and its not synced with the Titan Two.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices