T2 not working -- Xim Apex (with Xim Link) and T2 (solved)

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: T2 not working -- Xim Apex (with Xim Link) and T2

Postby 2fast4u » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:54 pm

DontAtMe wrote:Check that the Titan Two actually works with your Xbox One Controller alone first. Since you are saying you have to turn the controller on manually, Lets make sure that the controller is actually connected/synced with the Titan Two, and not connected wirelessly to your Console, when it actually turns on.

We are testing only your Xbox one Controller. So disregard the Apex, and KBM for the time being,

Connect your Xbox One Controller to your Titan Two(INPUT-A/B), make sure the Titan Two(Output) Is connected to your Xbox One.

Confirm that you are able to control the Xbox with the controller, and also confirm that scripts on the Titan Two, can be loaded, and are functional in game.

If you are unable to get any scripts working, then this means that the Xbox controller is connected to your console via wireless, and its not synced with the Titan Two.

Before I even turned on the xbox, as soon as I plugged in the controller it turned on. I then turned on the xbox. But controller does not work when being plugged into the T2.. weird. What does that mean? Is there settings I need to turn on in Gtuner or?
Attachments
GTuner.png
G Tuner Screenshot
GTuner.png (117.32 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Try this

Connect the Xbox Controller to the Titan Two (Input-A/B)
Connect the Titan Two (Output) to your Xbox One,
Unplug the Xbox One power for 15 seconds, and then plug it back in. (This will clear the consoles cache)
Power on the console.

Also make sure to remove any batteries from the Xbox One Controller.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby 2fast4u » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:18 am

DontAtMe wrote:Try this

Connect the Xbox Controller to the Titan Two (Input-A/B)
Connect the Titan Two (Output) to your Xbox One,
Unplug the Xbox One power for 15 seconds, and then plug it back in. (This will clear the consoles cache)
Power on the console.

Also make sure to remove any batteries from the Xbox One Controller.

I turned off xbox, plugged in xbox controller (confirmed batteries have been out), plugged it into Input A on un-powered T2 , then unplugged xbox for 15 seconds and plugged back in and powered on, but controller still does not work. Controller powers on when I plug power cord back in the xbox (Input A light turns green, LCD on T2 powers up, controller vibrates and light turns on), but when xbox turns on, controls still do not work.

Note: For this test I unplugged the USB from the T2 PROG port to my PC.

Edit: Also I just tried plugging my xbox controller directly into the xbox with a usb cord and it functions correctly. When I plug it into the T2, it doesn't work.
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:59 am

odd,
I wonder if the T2 output even works. Seeing how you have not mentioned the Output led turning on. Only the Input led.

Try this, connect a keyboard to either Input A or B of the Titan Two, and Connect the Titan Two (Output) to your Xbox One.

Then run this script
Code: Select all
init{port_connect(PORT_BT_C, PROTOCOL_HID);}
main{key_passthru();}

With your keyboard now see if you are able to navigate the dashboard using the arrow keys.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby 2fast4u » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:15 am

DontAtMe wrote:odd,
I wonder if the T2 output even works. Seeing how you have not mentioned the Output led turning on. Only the Input led.

Try this, connect a keyboard to either Input A or B of the Titan Two, and Connect the Titan Two (Output) to your Xbox One.

Then run this script
Code: Select all
init{port_connect(PORT_BT_C, PROTOCOL_HID);}
main{key_passthru();}

With your keyboard now see if you are able to navigate the dashboard using the arrow keys.

I'm new to Gtuner, can give me some instructions on how to run that script? Thanks.

btw, I really appreciate all the help you are giving me to troubleshoot this issue.
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:31 am

Gtuner > File > New > Empty GPC File.

Paste the above code into the new file

Gtuner > Install To > Select any memory slot.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby 2fast4u » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:30 am

That didn't work, still no navigation ability using keyboard. My keyboard (razer blackwidow chroma) didnt even light up, not sure if it is supposed to with a T2. Input light lit up on T2 though.
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby 2fast4u » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:31 am

Any other troubleshooting steps? Do I just have a defective T2 or? Let me know, thanks.
2fast4u
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:23 am

What does the GTuner IV "Device Monitor" show in the middle section (post a screenshot if possible) of it when you only connect:
+the T2 output to the xbox
+xbox controller to input-A
+pc to prog port
no keyboard/mouse/xim for this test please

Make sure to set the Output Protocol as "USB Automatic" and Input + Output Polling rate to the default like in this screenshot:
devconf.jpg
devconf.jpg (104.89 KiB) Viewed 1982 times

It should show "usb a" + "usb c" + "usb d" as connected then like in my screenshot (I am using a ps4 so yours will look a bit different)
devmon_ps4.jpg
devmon_ps4.jpg (194.92 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby DontAtMe » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:36 am

Connect the Titan Two to your PC.
This time both PROG and OUTPUT, need to be connected to your PC. At the same time.

Open GtunerIV, and change the output to USB Xbox 360.
When this is done, take a screenshot of the device monitor.

then look at the Output led on the front of the t2, check to see if it is on.
if its not, disconnect the output cable, and then take the cable that's plugged into PROG, and connect it to OUTPUT instead.
And see if the output led turns on.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices