Titan two recording limit

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Titan two recording limit

Postby Peppins » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi all, I'm an user of cron*spro/cron*smax. With this device there are some limits, expecially on the length of the scripts and on macro recording time. So i'm searcing something that can create longest macro without problem. The titan two, i've see support a micro sd, have this possibility? Or the micro sd is only for store saved profiles (each one lmited) and not for macro recording and/or for longest profile?

Let me know please :unsure:
Last edited by Peppins on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peppins
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Titan two recording limit

Postby Mad » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Check out a comparison of the T2/T1 here: https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/

Yes you can store a macro on the sd card, the macro length is a crazy 24 days long.

As for script size; T2 (8192 bytes) and T1 (4096 bytes) so just over double the size.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Peppins » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 pm

I've see the wiki already but that isn't specified.

So there is still a limit for the script, double size yes but still not enough, expecially if you use a sd card where you don't have limit (we are at 2020 and still have limitation?).

So if I capture a long macro from pc software and i save it to the sd, I will able to run this macro from the device without "run" it from pc? If yes, in this case the save slot on the device will be just for run the macro by pressing a button for example right?

Or how will be possible to run the macro if it's too long to be stored in one single slot of the device?

edit. by capturing a macro i mean to play a game level (for example) record all buttons and reply the same on reloading it (long script).

edit2: "combo magic plugin" i've see have limit of 10s: "The capture buffer has 10 seconds length" (titan one maybe, so titan two is double?)

edit3: "game rec plugin" maybe don't have that limit, but the version i've tested isn't accurate like the combo recording.
Peppins
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:59 pm

The byte code limit isn't based of storage size. There are many tricks to reducing bytecode size so If you need help with that when the time comes make a post.

You also have functions such as script_load and mslot_load to help;
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... cript_load
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... mslot_load

After the macro is recorded you no longer need the PC, You run the macro directly of the sd card, calling it via script.

The macro recorders you listed are for titan one, the titan two does not have the same limitations. Gtuner IV has an inbuilt macro recorder.

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... ing:macros
https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... o_or_macro
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Peppins » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Thanks a lot!
Peppins
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:25 pm

No problem :joia:
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Prototype » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Mad wrote:As for script size; T2 (8192 bytes) and T1 (4096 bytes) so just over double the size.

Also the T2 language is more optimized then the T1's, a T2 script is almost four times the size. And being able to use macro files on the sd card save a lot of space in the script ! No doubt the Titan Two is the best device.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:52 am

prototype wrote:
Mad wrote:As for script size; T2 (8192 bytes) and T1 (4096 bytes) so just over double the size.

Also the T2 language is more optimized then the T1's, a T2 script is almost four times the size. And being able to use macro files on the sd card save a lot of space in the script ! No doubt the Titan Two is the best device.

+1 - This is correct. Despite the overall size by 'just' double, the compiler optimizations allows fit 4 times more GPC code on the Titan Two when compared with the Titan One. So 8K would be more like 16K.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Peppins » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi, i'm here again. I've received the device but i have same problem like before. The recording is out of sync. What is the problem? I've recorded with device both to pc and ps4, with controller in slot B. How i can sync the execution?

ps. the function "change macro speed" how it work?
Peppins
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Peppins wrote:Hi, i'm here again. I've received the device but i have same problem like before. The recording is out of sync. What is the problem? I've recorded with device both to pc and ps4, with controller in slot B. How i can sync the execution

What is the game your are using the binary macro function? Please note some games have randomized mechanics that affects the result, even if the inputs are performed exactly the same every time.

Peppins wrote:ps. the function "change macro speed" how it work?

you can edit a macro segment to make it faster or slow. It is not related with syncing.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support