Titan two with xim apex

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Titan two with xim apex

Postby jjoao » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:27 am

It's necessary to use power supply when I am using titan two and xim apex together?
jjoao
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Titan two with xim apex

Postby bonefisher » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:57 am

I don't use it on mine but if you got into longer cables or something that makes a big drain then yes! I use short cables and don't have a problem! :smile0517:
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby jjoao » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 am

bonefisher wrote:I don't use it on mine but if you got into longer cables or something that makes a big drain then yes! I use short cables and don't have a problem! :smile0517:

i have as well small cables like 1m.
jjoao
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 am

jjoao wrote:It's necessary to use power supply when I am using titan two and xim apex together?

Usually the external power supply is needed when using with XIM as there will be at least 5 devices connected at the same time (Titan Two, XIM, controller, keyboard and mouse), this configuration can potentially require more power than what the USB port from the console can supply, in this case the Titan Two can be powered by an external power supply and, consequently, also provide power for all the other devices.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby bonefisher » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:36 am

I did forget to mention that I was tied in my pc to watch my device monitor say since that is a short cable it never gets the console's power it takes from the pc! Sorry!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby titanximmed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:20 pm

-Wireless G915 keyboard + wireless G903 mouse + controller routed to XIM Apex hub.

-The XIM Apex hub is externally powered by this: Belker 30W Universal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078LSVVTB/re ... 3DbJTJGK6R

-XIM Apex plugs directly into the Titan Two USB A port

-Titan Two plugs directly into any open Xbox One X USB port

-Titan Two is not externally powered in this setup.

This worked out of the box for me, not a single issue yet. I also highly recommend the Bluetooth expansion kit for the Titan Two.. the iOS companion app is a dreamboat
titanximmed
Private
Private

Return to Gtuner IV Support