Is it possible to add new features to Controller Remapper?

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Is it possible to add new features to Controller Remapper?

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:18 am

In the Controller Remapper section of the Gtuner IV, what we can do now is to map one button to another, like:

Remap “A➔A” to “B➔A”

Is it possible to add new features to the Controller Remapper? Like:

Remap “A➔A” to “B+C➔A”

(which means to press both B and C buttons at the same time to activate button A)
Example: press both Xbox button and Menu button on a Xbox controller to activate the Share button on DS4 controller.

I use Xbox One Elite controller a lot to play PS4 games, heavily relying on the paddles on the back. There is a problem with one paddle that the Button_18 is the Share button by default. Every time I press the button_18, the Share button is triggered. So, I have to fix it.

Yep, I know that:
(1) it wouldn’t be difficult to write a script to get it done, which is what I do currently. But the question is that official game packs are uneditable and you can’t use your script and official game packs at the same time. If I want to use official game packs, I will have to use the Controller Remapper section of the Gtuner IV to remap the button_18(Share) to other non-Xbox controller buttons. By doing that, the Share button is gone because there is no more button for it on elite controller. In this case, if I could map pressing two buttons together to activate the Share button, I wouldn’t have to sacrifice the Share button while using official game packs.

(2) To press the Share button on the DS4 used for authentication will also do the job. But we will all agree that the best way is to activate the Share button on the controller in your hand.

(3) Maybe there are other solutions to fix the elite controller “Share” button problem, like: to add “Xbox +Menu➔Share” to the official game packs. Well, I don’t think that is a best idea.

Just a thought...please don’t take it too seriously...
Last edited by Michael on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Is it possible to add new features to Controller Remappe

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:54 pm

Welcome to our forums Michael.

Michael wrote:Is it possible to add new features to the Controller Remapper? Like: Remap “A➔A” to “B+C➔A” (which means to press both B and C buttons at the same time to activate button A)

It would be possible do the opposite: “A ➔ B+C”. However, due how the controller remapper is implemented in the firmware “B+C➔A” is not viable. As you noticed, these cases can be handled via script code.

Moving to gamepacks and scripts. Here the connected controller(s) and console are abstracted, the script only cares about the normalized inputs accessible via the GPC designators (BUTTON_1, BUTTON16, STICK_1_X, etc). It is the programmer that contextualizes these inputs.

For your own or open code scripts, what you wrote on (1) is the best approach for this case.

For the Gamepacks and closed code scripts, what you suggested on (3) would be the only possible solution. I will start implement this feature on the new gamepacks, as well as updating the existing gamepacks according the user's request.

Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Michael » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:41 am

J2Kbr wrote:For the Gamepacks and closed code scripts, what you suggested on (3) would be the only possible solution. I will start implement this feature on the new gamepacks, as well as updating the existing gamepacks according the user's request.

Thank you for your reply, J2Kbr. I’m very glad that you took this little problem seriously and had a feasible solution in a very short time. I’m looking forward to using the modified Gamepacks in the future. Thanks again. :-)
Michael
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:51 am

Might the little pair button on the front of the xbox one controller be mapped to the DS4 Share button?
Michael
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:55 am

Michael wrote:Might the little pair button on the front of the xbox one controller be mapped to the DS4 Share button?

This button cannot be mapped.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:59 am

Understood. Thx.
Michael
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:42 am

Michael wrote:

Understood. Thx.

It was pointed out to me that it may actually be possible to add, will have to wait and see what J2K says :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:50 am

It was pointed out to me that it may actually be possible to add, will have to wait and see what J2K says :smile0517:

That's great. Glad to hear that. :joia:
Michael
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:47 pm

The XB1 pairing button, at least when I first checked, was not being reported in the USB protocol. However, this may have changed with some XB1 controller update. I will be re-checking.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:45 am

The XB1 pairing button, at least when I first checked, was not being reported in the USB protocol. However, this may have changed with some XB1 controller update. I will be re-checking.

Thanks for your attention, J2Kbr. Hope the xb1 controller's pair button could be mapped to be the DS4 Share button at firmware level to fix the xb1 controller "Share" button problem once and for all. :innocent_smile_1:
Michael
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support