Titan & Xim keep cutting out sporadically

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Titan & Xim keep cutting out sporadically

Postby Chaka » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:34 am

I've posted this on the Xim forums but figured i would post here as well in the hopes that someone may be able to help.

Hi, as the title says my Xim keeps cutting out sporadically. I cannot work out what is causing the issue at all. I had everything working perfectly and then all of a sudden it started to do this. I will list my gear below.

Titan Two
G502 Mouse
Hori Tac Pro Gamepad
PS4 Pro Console (less than a year old)

I have it connected like so -->

Console --> titan two - input A > Apex
Apex > G502 > PS4 Controller
Titan Port B > Hori Tac Pro

I also have another cable running connecting the titan two to my PC. My thoughts with this were that it would make it so that i don't need a seperate power supply? As i said it was working fine for days before i had this issue.

The issue specifically is that i will load into a game and at random times i will lose mouse, gamepad and controller. The Xim lights stay blue and the titan does not show any errors either. I then have to reboot both devices (leaving the ps4 on) and then the controller is detected by the ps4, brings up the share menu and i can hit the back button and everything will work again. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it as simple as a power supply?

*edit* i also noticed that if i cut the power with my power switch between the devices and the ps4 and then switch it back on everything works again even know they're still powered from the pc side of things
Chaka
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Titan & Xim keep cutting out sporadically

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Based on what you described it seems the issue is power related.

When using the Titan Two in conjunction with XIM/Apex is one case where it may be necessarily power the Titan Two with an external power supply, in you case there are 5 devices connected at the same time (Titan Two, XIM, PS4 controller, Tac Pro and the mouse). This configuration can potentially require more power than what the USB port from the console can supply (500mA max), in this case the Titan Two can be powered by an external power supply and, consequently, also provide power for all the other devices.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Chaka » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:55 am

That was what i was thinking as well, i got a power supply for it and was still having issues. I knew that the only thing that i could possibly have an issue with after that was probably the tac pro. I unplugged it from port B and ran it through the Xim in keyboard mode. It hasn't dropped out since and i haven't had much of an issue.

The only thing i can't work out how to do is to remap extra buttons on the game pad. I know how to map single buttons in the xim and have done that, but the advantage i did have was that i could have say two X buttons on the gamepad or change WASD to be different buttons (because i use the stick not the keys). But the keys read as WASD also. I think i read somewhere there was a script that may do what i was talking about? but if not i'm happy with how it's all working now and am used to the keys.
Chaka
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:16 am

Chaka wrote:The only thing i can't work out how to do is to remap extra buttons on the game pad. I know how to map single buttons in the xim and have done that, but the advantage i did have was that i could have say two X buttons on the gamepad or change WASD to be different buttons (because i use the stick not the keys). But the keys read as WASD also. I think i read somewhere there was a script that may do what i was talking about? but if not i'm happy with how it's all working now and am used to the keys.

You can perform the remapping with an Input Translator, in the Controller Remapper section.

Please visit this link for more details: viewtopic.php?p=94333#p94333
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:06 am

This is typical of either a faulty USB cable, or inadequate power supply. If you've got a compatible power supply hooked up to Titan Two, it's pretty safe to rule that out.

Try another USB cable from the controller to XIM APEX. This has happened to me a handful of times in around a decade and it's always been the USB cable. Please ensure the cable is data capable, like the Titan Connection Kit.

Note that USB cables can be fussy - I replaced a Tuact PS4 Cable Holder with an updated version of the same thing (new one had a braided cable) and my APEX didn't like it, resulting in periodic disconnects. I swapped back to the older USB cable and things returned to normal. Long story short - try a few different cables, if you have them handy.

Also, ensure PS4 > Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method > Set to USB cable is enabled.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Chaka » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:20 am

thanks for that, i've got everything almost working as i want. The only thing i'm not sure how to work out now (i assume it's possible) is for apex legends, is there a script that i can assign a button each for shield battery, shield cell, med kit and syringe? I haven't found anything that does that. It would be pretty cool to press a single button for each instead of using the hold and scroll wheel method that's in the game

*edit ignore the help request* I have found a script and am trying to combine a couple of scripts to do what I’m after. I will post if I need help. Thanks :)
Chaka
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Chaka wrote:*edit ignore the help request* I have found a script and am trying to combine a couple of scripts to do what I’m after. I will post if I need help. Thanks :)

:smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices