XIM Titan two and hori tac pro

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

XIM Titan two and hori tac pro

Postby Chaka » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:05 pm

So I’ve just got my xim apex finally and have noticed on the forums that technically the hori tac pro isn’t supported. What I have worked out is that I seem to be able to run it by having my mouse connected to the xim and then that runs into port a on the Titan. Then I run the tac pro directly into port b of the Titan two.

I was just wondering would this cause any issues with the mouse? It seems to run fine from what I can tell. It solves the issue of me not wanting to use a WASD type gaming keypad. I noticed that the input of the mouse still shows up on the Titan two when pressed, but it does this even when I’ve got a game pad plugged in so presumed that it was normal?

Thanks for any help
Chaka
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: XIM Titan two and hori tac pro

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:27 am

You can use as described, with the Tac Pro connected to Titan Two has some advantages, such as it can be used for console authentication (assuming you are playing on PS4).

If you fell it is needed, you can disable the mouse inputs (movement and buttons) with an Input Translator configured to apply at Input-B only.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Chaka » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:41 am

how do i go about disabling the mouse input? i can't script so do i actually need to if i just run the gamepack without an input translator?
Chaka
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:37 pm

If it works well, don't change it - XIM APEX is supposed to pass mouse input through to T2.

Are you saying there's also mouse input coming from the Tac Pro keypad?
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Chaka » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:52 am

Both inputs will display on the Titan input but they show up lighter in text from what they are normally. I looked into it further after the first comment and it seems that it definitely is running correctly. So I’m happy as a pig in poo.
It’s so awesome having the better mouse accuracy with a joystick on my left hand still. The game pad on the hori is actually awesome.
Chaka
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:45 pm

Chaka wrote:how do i go about disabling the mouse input? i can't script so do i actually need to if i just run the gamepack without an input translator?

Create a new Input Translator (GIT file) and open it on the editor. In the "Controller Remapper" section, set STICK_1_X and STICK_1_Y to Disabled (it is the last item in the combobox). And, in the "Input Port Remapper Mask", check only the port you will have the TAC Pro plugged (USB-A or USB-B).

Drop this Input Translator to the same memory slot you have the script.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Chaka » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 am

i didn't see this reply, i will give this a go and maybe that will fix the problem i'm having with the drop outs. I'm not sure whether it will or not but i will give it a shot and report back
Chaka
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices