Global Hotkeys to Toggle On/Off KMG Capture

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Global Hotkeys to Toggle On/Off KMG Capture

Postby creedkiller » Fri May 22, 2020 1:40 pm

J2Kbr, Hope you can add global hotkeys to toggle On/Off KMG capture so that I can quickly switch between console and PC while Gtuner is still minimized. I will make a Feature request on github but was interested to get ideas and input before doing that.
creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Global Hotkeys to Toggle On/Off KMG Capture

Postby antithesis » Fri May 22, 2020 11:48 pm

I agree - global Hotkeys for Windows is a better option. XIM Link uses the Pause key as a global hotkey when the app is running and it works perfectly.

Alt-tabbing to Gtuner to re-enable KMG Capture is annoying if it disables for some reason.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby creedkiller » Sun May 24, 2020 11:59 am

creedkiller
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Buffy » Sun May 24, 2020 3:55 pm

I agree this should be added. In the meantime, an AutoHotkey script could be made to open/click the capture button in Gtuner.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || Custom Scripts
Buffy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoClemency » Mon May 25, 2020 1:41 am

In the mean time, how do you have the game take focus after clicking "Enter Capture Mode"? The reason I ask is after I click "Enter Capture Mode" while I can control the game it is locked at 30FPS. I belive this is becase the game isn't in focus and instead Gtuner is in focus.
NoClemency
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Buffy » Mon May 25, 2020 4:18 am

NoClemency wrote:In the mean time, how do you have the game take focus after clicking "Enter Capture Mode"? The reason I ask is after I click "Enter Capture Mode" while I can control the game it is locked at 30FPS. I belive this is becase the game isn't in focus and instead Gtuner is in focus.

You are correct. KMG is not meant to be used on the same computer you're playing on.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || Discord || Custom Scripts
Buffy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby NoClemency » Mon May 25, 2020 7:46 am

Buffy wrote:You are correct. KMG is not meant to be used on the same computer you're playing on.

I did figure out if you start Destiny, and while it is launching, you click "Enter Capture Mode" then everything works as intended and you get a high FPS. However, if you end KMG and what to reenable capture you are going to have to quite the game again to start it back up which is really annoying.

I'm hoping if global hotkeys are made this would fix this problem but it may not simply because as you mentioned it sounds like KMG isn't meant to run on the same computer your playing on.
NoClemency
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Gtuner IV Support