Negative mouse accelration in Last of Us

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Re: Negative mouse accelration in Last of Us

Postby tOwely » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Support J2K wrote:Do you have BF4? Attache you can find my MaxAim settings to play BF4 on PS4. Please try it.

I'll be downloading the BlackLight this night to test. I keep you posted.

I dont have BF4 :/
I have no FPS games on my PS4.
I have never liked using the controller in FPS games, thats the biggest reason i got the Titan One. To be able to play FPS games on console with M&K.

Ill get Destiny when its released, but id really want to have this sorted before that.

So thats the reason i downloaded Blackflag, since its a free FPS, so i can test settings out, to find the issue.

If you can get settings for it that works, it would be very appreciated. That way i can try them and see if it solves my issues or not.

I can also mention that ive tried with different mouse pads also.

Yesterday i read about this issue with high DPI mice in games on PC when not using raw input. Because windows centers the mouse on screen all the time, and that causes a negative mouse accelration. Im wondering if this could perhaps be the issue?
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 pm

I'm downloading Blacklight right now, 10Gb+ ... it will take a while ... I keep you posted. Hopefully I will be able to make a good mouse settings for it.

Talking about mouse DPI, I have a Razer with 6400DPI -- But I have it configured to "only" 2000 DPI, 6400 was too much sensible for me. Can your mouse be configured to a lower DPI too? If yes try lower the DPI to 2000 both, on mouse configuration and on MaxAim mouse settings.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tOwely » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:30 am

Support J2K wrote:I'm downloading Blacklight right now, 10Gb+ ... it will take a while ... I keep you posted. Hopefully I will be able to make a good mouse settings for it.

Talking about mouse DPI, I have a Razer with 6400DPI -- But I have it configured to "only" 2000 DPI, 6400 was too much sensible for me. Can your mouse be configured to a lower DPI too? If yes try lower the DPI to 2000 both, on mouse configuration and on MaxAim mouse settings.

Really nice of you!
Yeah, I can lower the DPI.
The reason i haven't already tried it, is because the notes in the FAQ about as high dpi as possible is preferred.
But ill try it out.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 am

alright! Here what I got:

Game Settings:
Aim Assist: Disabled
Look Sensitivity: 50
Tight Aim (ADS) Sensitivity: 50
Both Deadzones: 5

Attached you can find the Blacklight Maxaim Layout. The first thing you want to change is the button layout. I just used the same I had to BF4.

I'm pretty happy with the mouse feeling. Try use it at 2000 DPI as we talked before. If it is okay you can try increase the DPI.

I didn't notice any negative acceleration while playing.
Attachments
Blacklight.glf
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tOwely » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:09 pm

Support J2K wrote:alright! Here what I got:

Game Settings:

Attached you can find the Blacklight Maxaim Layout. The first thing you want to change is the button layout. I just used the same I had to BF4.

I'm pretty happy with the mouse feeling. Try use it at 2000 DPI as we talked before. If it is okay you can try increase the DPI.

Great, im downloading a new uppdate now, it was 8gb.

Is this the settings you had?
Because, smoothness and deadzone seems really high, when i did a deadzone test it was much smaller, but maybe that have to do with the DPI?
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby tOwely » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Support J2K wrote:alright! Here what I got:

Game Settings:

Still the same issue, but to a milder degree.
What sens do you have in windows? And are you sure you have no mouseacceleration there?
I have no mouse acceleration at all with a regg file.

I really believe it is the "bug" i mentioned in the other thread with Raw input and such.
Since it seems that the issue occurs only when moving fast.
Im just surprised, because if that truly is it, im surprised no one else is mentioning it. I must be far from the only one that are used to playing with High dpi and low sensitivity.

Ive played FPS on PC on a very high level. And are very used to having a really low sensitivity, And then moving fast to do bigger moves with the crosshair and such.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby tOwely » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Also, the more you move the mouse, and never "stop" the higher and higher the sens becomes, but im guessing that is because the sticks work that way. So it feels like i have to chose between moving constantly, or to set it up for stoping every 2 seconds.
Is this true for just this game, or all fps games?
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:28 pm

zOlid wrote:Still the same issue, but to a milder degree.
What sens do you have in windows? And are you sure you have no mouseacceleration there?

Yes, no mouse acceleration (option "Enhance pointer precision" disable) and the pointer speed is at exactly on the middle.

zOlid wrote:I really believe it is the "bug" i mentioned in the other thread with Raw input and such.
Im just surprised, because if that truly is it, im surprised no one else is mentioning it. I must be far from the only one that are used to playing with High dpi and low sensitivity. Ive played FPS on PC on a very high level. And are very used to having a really low sensitivity, And then moving fast to do bigger moves with the crosshair and such.

Could be. I'll take a look on the raw input this weekend. Btw, do you tried lower the DPI to 2000?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:31 pm

zOlid wrote:Also, the more you move the mouse, and never "stop" the higher and higher the sens becomes, but im guessing that is because the sticks work that way. So it feels like i have to chose between moving constantly, or to set it up for stoping every 2 seconds. Is this true for just this game, or all fps games?

With the layout I posted here I didn't notice that. For me it is very smooth and linear. Same when I play BF4, but on BF4 I had to "cap" the max in 98, if it reach 100 the speed is much faster.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tOwely » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:39 am

Support J2K wrote:
zOlid wrote:Still the same issue, but to a milder degree.

Yes, no mouse acceleration (option "Enhance pointer precision" disable) and the pointer speed is at exactly on the middle.

zOlid wrote:I really believe it is the "bug" i mentioned in the other thread with Raw input and such.
Im just surprised, because if that truly is it, im surprised no one else is mentioning it. I must be far from the only one that are used to playing with High dpi and low sensitivity. Ive played FPS on PC on a very high level. And are very used to having a really low sensitivity, And then moving fast to do bigger moves with the crosshair and such.

Could be. I'll take a look on the raw input this weekend. Btw, do you tried lower the DPI to 2000?

Yeah i played with 2070dpi.
My config is quite different, then the one you posted.
I went in and played online, and it went fine, but i still needed to "change" my playing style.
Ït feels a littlebit like playing with a old bad cordless mouse really, you have to be aware all the time of how you "do moves".
Im very used to precise moves, in high speed with the mouse, since i play with a low sensitivity, and as it is now that is not possible really.
But im guessing its something you get used to, or i think that the raw input really should take care of this, since this is far from the only application where mice with a high dpi/polling rate, get negative mouse acceleration.
Its just more apparent then ive ever experienced before.
And in most games there are fixes to the problem, with console commands and such.

May i ask why you increased the ingame deadzone to 5?
Took for granted that it should be on 0 really.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support