Maxaim Device Capability & Issues with connection lost

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Maxaim Device Capability & Issues with connection lost

Postby offroad_racer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:35 am

Hello, thanks for your time first off.

To remind you, I use your titan 1 device to play my ps4 with my 1 handed controllers. I have 2 new console and gadgets (dragonplus) wired ps2 controllers that work fine. Then I have a edimensional access controller (no longer made). The pods can be moved around and were ever I put them in device monitor if i press L2 it does not activate l2 but instead it activates parts of left joystick, so i dont use that button. Im assuming its a board issue in the controller. The other issue i have whether I use my left or right stick and input it for left joy stick controls, once in awhile it will turn my car or move my person or camera on its own. It is evident in device monitor as after i push joystick it does not go back to 0/1 and shows some input. I discovered the deadzone in di settings and sometimes can use that to help mitigate this issue. I love rocket league and i cant use my console and gadgets controller to play it, because of the lack of space to press multiple buttons at once.

I am really good for 1 hand im in the challenger 1-3 skill level and dealing with the car turning on its own is really frustrating seeing how already at a disadvantage with only being able to use 3/4 fingers to press buttons.

My next question and the one im really interested in. Can i hook up two types of input devices to the laptop through like a usb hub. I would really like to add a gas and foot pedal or some type of button i can step on. I would use it to control my gas and reverse so i can free up a finger so i can finally do air rolls in the middle of my aerials. Its what i need if i have any hopes of going to the next level in this game and getting better. if i know which pedals to buy? I bought the thrustmaster t80 and cant get it to do any inputs alone by itself on the computer. It works on the ps4 but problem is i have no up and down movement, so i can turn the car but i cant tilt the car forward or back when i jump. I did notice thrustmaster makes a usb device for plugging pedal into a pc instead of steering wheel. However im sure there are pedals out there for pc.

My last resort is to build a wooden box and diset a controller and put the controllers buttons were i want them and use wire to extend the reach, not ever sure how much i could move components based on how the board is inside the controller.

if anyone wants to make money and can install new joystics on my joystick pods board for my access controller i be willing to hire. I am not sure if the issue is with the joystick device or the joystick board or the main board the joystick board connects to.

thanks for your time
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Maxaim Device Capability & Issues with connection lost

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:36 pm

There are devices called foot-switches that are nothing more than a single key keyboard which you can plug on PC and use with MaxAim DI. Here is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Foot-Switch- ... B008MU0TBU
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby offroad_racer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:13 am

Ok great but will it allow me to have my ps2 controller and that device plug into the pc and take input from both devices.
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:12 pm

offroad_racer wrote:Ok great but will it allow me to have my ps2 controller and that device plug into the pc and take input from both devices.

yes, as the footswitch works as keyboard, it is possible use it at the same time the PS2 controller. :joia:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby offroad_racer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:33 pm

I order a 3 pedal one today. Looking forward to having this option. Will improve my disability gaming capabilities.

Now if I can just find someone to repair my e dimensional access controller. They stop making them and can't find any online. It's the only controller I have that works for rocket league. My console and gadgets one handed controller won't work for that game buttons to close together.

My access controller. Both joysticks are showing inputs on there own after pressing them. They don't go back to 0. Sometimes I'm putting as high as 70 dead zone to try and mitigate and it don't cure it. Doesn't matter which spot I put the joystick pod in. So I'm guessing it's the sticks not the main board. But the L2 button don't work either and when pressed on device monitor it lights up the x and y joystick inputs. So there's an issue there for sure.

If anyone knows how to work on circuit boards I'll pay.
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby offroad_racer » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 am

i got my footswitch today. its a 3 pedal and the inputs that come up are A-C..

Now when im in layout editing for a ps4 controller I normally would do DI input catch or list if i knew the number that corresponds to the button on controller. My issue if I do DI catch and press a foot pedal. I get nothing. However if I click keystroke and press the foot petal (say A pedal for L2 button) the A shows up on the L2 button.

If I then lock the editing and open device monitor. The pedal/keystroke inputs do not show up on the device monitor for there corresponding button. I am guessing because under DI list there is no ABC etc option to pick. However there are a lot more numbers then what a ps4 controller has button wise.

Can you help me fix this issue? you said it was possible to use both. Am I using the wrong lay out or is there a way to assign the pedals one of the unused number indexes in the list?
thank you
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Prototype » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Mine works as DI controller:
footswitch.png
footswitch.png (16.8 KiB) Viewed 1368 times

EDIT: It works even without DI settings. Make a keystroke (not DI) of the pedal's letter with the keyboard then enter in capture mode and that's all.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby offroad_racer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 am

That wont work for me. He told me above before I order it I could use both devices. If I click over to foot switch then the ps2 controller no longer works.

How do i make them both work at the same time.
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Prototype » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:56 am

So the foot switch works when used alone with MaxAim DI?
Do you use PS2 to USB adapter with your one handed controller?
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby offroad_racer » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:56 am

correct so i can either pick controller or foot switch in di settings
offroad_racer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant