J2Kbr...need help brain storming on how to solve this issue!

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

J2Kbr...need help brain storming on how to solve this issue!

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:44 pm

Ok so as you know I've integrated my T2 into my PC. The problem is when it goes into an error state, I have to either open up my PC to unplug the cables, or turn off my pc, wait a second, then turn it back on again. A restart won't even work because the T2 continues to receive power during a restart so it never truly resets.

Even though this doesn't happen very often, as you can imagine this is a bit painful when it does!

I had the idea of installing a USB switch and mount it to my case, which I could use to cut power to my T2, but because I have USB cables leading into both the rear T2 ports (main USB and PROG USB), this means I'd need two switches...at which point I'm thinking this has become way too complicated.

So I could fix this through software...but if it's in an error state, how could it possibly execute any commands?

You can see the problem I have here - there's no easy way to reset this damn thing when it's imprisoned in my PC!

Some ideas I've thought of:

1) Maybe even if it's in an error state, it can still receive input? Then maybe you could introduce a way to force a hard reset via a certain set of key combinations?

2) Or provide an option whereby the whole until will turn off if even one of the USB ports is disconnected, this way I could install just one USB switch and turning it off would cut power to the PROG port too (or vice vercer)?

3) Maybe make it so if it falls into an error state for more than 10 seconds, it will auto reboot?

4) Any other ideas?
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: J2Kbr...need help brain storming on how to solve this is

Postby Prototype » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:15 am

I like the 1 idea to have an easy way to force a reboot. You can also do that with a power supply switch (some have remotes), that's what i use:
prises_DiO.jpg
prises_DiO.jpg (101.82 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby UK_Wildcats » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:28 pm

You could also have a switched USB cord. See the below link. You could also modify it with a switch of your choice on the outside of the PC.

https://www.amazon.com/LoveRPi-MicroUSB-Switch-Raspberry-Female/dp/B018BFWLRU/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=micro+USB+with+switch&qid=1569515108&s=electronics&sr=1-5
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:02 am

Hi Pablo, to better provide directions on this, could you please let me know what is the "error state" you are referring to? It would be E4? some other? Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:54 am

Yup the E error is the one i'm talking about yeah
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby pablosscripts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:56 am

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:You could also have a switched USB cord. See the below link. You could also modify it with a switch of your choice on the outside of the PC.

https://www.amazon.com/LoveRPi-MicroUSB-Switch-Raspberry-Female/dp/B018BFWLRU/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=micro+USB+with+switch&qid=1569515108&s=electronics&sr=1-5

Yeah I thought of this, but because I have the prog cable I'd need two and at that point it's getting a bit too complicated for my liking

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:57 am

Thanks, when E4 happens means the RAM memory is full, compromising regular operations such as USB communication. In this state the device must be reset, this can be done by power-off and then power-on, or by pressing both device's buttons.

There is also another way, in the Titan Two circuit board there is two contact rows that are used for test and programming at the factory, one of these pins are a master reset, which -if polled to ground- resets the device. You could just wire a simple tac-switch to this pin for quickly reset the Titan Two.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Prototype » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:39 pm

Very cool and safer solution, i'll maybe do that for myself.
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to Titan Two Device