Xim 4 with T2 issue

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Re: Xim 4 with T2 issue

Postby b00st_g0d » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 am

Ok. So if the T2 is powered externally with the power supply or via the programming cable nothing will authenticate until those (either form of external power) are unplugged. Then it will immediately proceed to authenticate.
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby b00st_g0d » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:30 am

Generally,
1. Power on ps4 with power button.
2. Plug in T2 to usb port with already working Xim4 setup plugged into A port of Titan 2.
3. Authentication takes place with controller plugged into Xim4.

If I have external power or programming cable plugged in during this process the T2 will never authenticate. This usually only becomes a hassle when I am switching back and forth from pc to ps4 with my GUS202 and XIM4 goes dead then I must unplug power or program cable from T2 then unplug T2 from ps4 wait 15 seconds then plug back in and wait for auth then plug in program cable and external power.
It's sometimes a pain in the ass. Wonder if there would be a way to include a reboot function within Gtuner that kills board power until auth occurs. Idk. It's not that big of a deal but strange to me.
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:19 pm

During this past weekend I was doing some testing with XIM4+Titan Two, what I did first connect the Titan Two to PS4 and only then XIM4 on the Titan Two. But I will try as you described. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby b00st_g0d » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:50 pm

J2Kbr wrote:During this past weekend I was doing some testing with XIM4+Titan Two, what I did first connect the Titan Two to PS4 and only then XIM4 on the Titan Two. But I will try as you described. Thanks.

Any luck? I know you have added this to Github. I can add a video of how this happens if it helps. I think this issue may also be related to my random disconnects and audio noise as well on my particular device.

I am by no means trying to bother you or be negative. I currently cannot use the T2 as is. If I sit down to play for 2-3 hrs and get 2-3 disconnects generally it's so frustrating that I just walk away. Once it disconnects this way it takes a long time to get everything to authenticate again. When it happens mid-game this is a PIA.

After messaging with antithesis I started from scratch and tested each scenario completely and have narrowed this disconnect issue down to either a faulty usb cable or something with the program port. I went back to the external power supply and have not had a disconnect yet. So I think that can be marked as resolved. Also if it ends up being the usb cable hopefully that will eliminate my need to disconnect the programming cable in order to authenticate each time. :smile0517: :smile0517: Fingers crossed X
b00st_g0d
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:05 pm

b00stg0d wrote:I went back to the external power supply and have not had a disconnect yet. So I think that can be marked as resolved.

Nice, glad for hearing this. If the problem persists, please make the video, it will help understand the issue. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby squarezebra » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Didn't necessarily wanna start a new thread, but i'm having quite a few disconnects with Xim4 and T2 combo. Also a few times when my xim cuts out and I cant stop my guy from moving forward. I have a power supply so I should have ample juice.

Gtuner 1.0.2.25

Firmware 0.98.1.1

An ideas?

Thanks

Sqz
squarezebra
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 am

Please let us know the console you are using Titan Two + XIM4 combo.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby squarezebra » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:39 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Please let us know the console you are using Titan Two + XIM4 combo.

Ps4 pro
squarezebra
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:59 am

Thank you. Please check on PS4 settings if the option "wired communication" is enabled:

Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby squarezebra » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:42 am

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you. Please check on PS4 settings if the option "wired communication" is enabled:

Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable

It was set to bluetooth. I change this to usb right? Although, I'm actually using an old ps4 ds4 ... not my PS4 PRO ds4
squarezebra
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Previous

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices