Variable Walk Speed Titan Two Xim Apex

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Variable Walk Speed Titan Two Xim Apex

Postby j5_james » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi All,

Bit of an issue here that I can't figure out. I have a Razer Tartarus Pro which has lovely optical analogue keys so then can be pressed at variable amount e.g. push lighter, walk slower etc. The only way in G-Tuner I can get them to respond with variable amount is to assign them in the Razer Software as a joystick and then use KPM Capture to pass the commands through to the Titan Two via the Prog socket.

I have the Xim Apex plugged into the Titan Two via Port-A, but for some reason I can't get them to work together.
As I am passing through the capture on KPM Keyboard and Joystick commands, is this bypassing the xim apex?
Has anyone got any ideas how I can get this to work?

Thanks for the help!
j5_james
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Variable Walk Speed Titan Two Xim Apex

Postby antithesis » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:20 pm

The Tartarus is bypassing the XIM APEX if your APEX is plugged into Titan Two, rather than Titan Two into XIM APEX (a more complex setup that uses Multi Interface HID as the Gtuner IV > Output Protocol).

However, it's fine to leave the mouse on XIM APEX for mouse translation and the Tartarus connected to Titan Two via KMG Capture for movement. Titan Two should combine them both into one "controller" output to the console.

I need to do the same thing for the Cooler Master ControlPad when using it in analog mode. Check in Gtuner IV > Device Monitor for input from the Tartarus. You may need to use an Input Translator to setup your Action bindings for Tartarus in Gtuner IV.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby j5_james » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:59 am

Hi antithesis, thanks for the reply.

So am I correct in thinking that I need to plug the titan two into the xim apex?
Or can I achieve the analogue input with the xim apex into titan two?
I was under the impression that titan two into xim apex would affect things like anti-recoil etc as the translation is done after this scripts have taken place.

Ideally, I want to keep it as apex into titan two, I have used KMG capture and an input translator but passing through keyboard and joypad just doesn't play nice with the xim apex. I've got the Tartarus to work as analogue but the mouse movements on the xim apex are not picked up. Most posts says to disable joystick from Multi Interface HID output, is this still correct even if i do want to pass joystick movements? Also do I need to add code to a script, at the moment I just have...

init {
keymapping();
mousemapping();
}

main {
key_passthru();
mouse_passthru();
}

Does this need to have joypad passthrough details added?
Again, thanks for the help on this.
j5_james
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:59 am

Hi j5_james, in order to forward the joystick inputs to XIM, the option to "disable joystick from Multi Interface HID output" should be unchecked. However, by doing, if the joypad has the right stick inputs (aiming) it may interfere with the mouse inputs on XIM.

The solution is extend the above script to nullify the inputs from the joypad right stick, something like this:
Code: Select all
init {
    keymapping();
    mousemapping();
}

main {
    key_passthru();
    mouse_passthru();

set_val(STICK_1_X, 0.0);
    set_val(STICK_1_Y, 0.0);
}
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby j5_james » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks J2Kbr, I actually achieved what i was looking to do by downloading the Gtuner Beta 1.08 software. In Razer Synapse I remapped WASD to Xbox analogue inputs which previously on the stable GTuner didn't play nice at all (multiple input buttons pressed when just pressing one of W, A, S or D). The new Beta fixed this, I kept 'Disable Joystick' checked and captured both Joystick and Keyboard on KMG Capture, passed this as PS4 protocol (didn't use Multi HID) and it works brilliantly. Also, the Beta software fixed the dead zone issue I was having when having some crossover pressing of A and D, when going from left to right sometimes there would be a small time when I would press both keys which on the stable GTuner worked sometimes, but also sometimes reverted to the dead zone even. On Beta, no issues, when one A or D is released, the other press is instantly recognised and takes over. Brilliant work and the Tartatus Pro has now really come into its own!
j5_james
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:54 am

That is great. Very happy with your confirmation on the 1.08 update fixed all these issues. Thank you for the feedback.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices