Broken titan one

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Broken titan one

Postby Ewilson222 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:11 am

Hi, i just received my titan one. I play destiny on ps4 with a xim4.
When I use the xim alone on ps4. Everything works.
When I use the titan one on ps4 with just the controller attached. It works perfect.
But when I try to plug the xim into the titan it just gives me the AUAUAU..
I have tried other controllers with it. And also tried buying all new USB cables. This thing just does not work. I do not understand how all these people get it to work. I feel like mine is broken. I do not quite understand this xbox360 controller trick people say they are using. But when I try the 360 controller on xim, plugged into the console.. Same thing. AUAU. Is it possible to get a return or a replacement? One thing i did note was that when I opened the package and plugged it to the computer for programming the first time. It had some kind of firmware error and i had to reinstall firm where before it even worked. Out of the package it was a dead unit. I am very disappointed and wasted a lot of money on this useless device. I'm sorry I have just been messing with this thing for days. Tried everything I could. Doesn't work. Just to note. I have tried all the available firmware for xim to no avail. But unable to downgrade the titan one to try. My titan one also gets very very warm. I would almost say hot. Only after being plugged in for 2-3 minutes. Well. Thanks.
Ewilson222
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Broken titan one

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm in touch with OBsIV (XIM creator). We are drafting a plan to create a special mode for communication between XIM and Titan One to solve any incompatibility issue (specially related with PS4).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Ewilson222 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Awesome. I will be patient and wait for update. i read so much about it working for people. Can you tell me about this heat issue? It gets very warm only after a couple minutes.. Is this normal? And when I took it out of the package it had no firmware loaded onto it. Normal? Thanks.
Ewilson222
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:27 pm

The heating to a certain degree is totally normal ... it should be touchable without "burn" the fingers.

All devices should come loaded with the latest firmware available at the time it was manufactured. If you got a device without firmware then no, it is not normal.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Ewilson222 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:31 am

I don't remember the exact error word for word. The software just couldn't see or find the titan one. Was just like plugging in a blank USB dongle. Just nothing. But in the fine print it said something like make sure the titan is plugged into the USB port and the latest firmware installed. Which prompted me to do a firmware update on it. Which then got the software to see the device. So boo. I hate the feeling of "something just ain't right" .. Although it doesn't work with xim4 it seems to be working as intended. Fingers crossed!
Ewilson222
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:52 pm

What you described could be normal. If Gtuner detects that the device's firmware is outdated, it prompts to do the upgrade. Thanks for the extra info.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices